Chapter 12- Story Time

"It all started back when I was twenty." Lianna began.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It had only been about a year since I first got a good job. I was still living with my father because he was almost done recovering from his broken arm. He said that I shouldn't be babying a grown man, but the fact was he was never given a good amount of time to relax. I was oftenly giving him the things he needed and wanted until the doctor said that he could start trying to move his arm around; give it a little exercise. Everything was just getting better, until they came.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
"Who's 'they'?" Peter asked.

"Duh! The nerd squad!" Lianna said, flicking her wrists down in exaggeration. "Anyways..."
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It was June when they had came. It was dark out and I was just taking out the trash when I saw a weird light in the woods. I went to investigate and saw these weird, bulky people with blue skin, which I learned later were Borgauns, who were loading some boxes of what appeared to be our pine trees. And of course from curiousity and knowing my mother wasn't terran, I decided to go on a little field trip.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
"Wait, hold on." Peter interrupted again, getting Lianna mad. "I thought the whole entire reason you got on that ship was because you saw that cybernetic Rocket needed help?"

"You can say the note was half a lie." She said, rubbing her neck. "I got on the ship for adventure, possibly find my mom, and then later on for Rocket. Also, how'd you know?" Peter gave her a nervous look and rubbed his neck too.

"Your door was still kinda open and I heard you talking about Rocket to your father." He said, smiling for innocence.

"You got issuses, but as I was saying, I went for a trip..."
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
I overheard one of the scientists saying that they were going to pack up things and leave soon, so I ran back to the house to pack up. I grabbed my needs and some wants and quickly wrote a half-lying note to my father. If he knew I was leaving for no apparent reason, he would've kinda flipped at that time.

I put the note on the fridge and quickly ran back to the forest, sneaking on to the ship just in time before it left. I hid behind a cargo box until the ship stopped at another planet.

I took the time to explore the place a little, and went back to the ship before they even started loading their new cargo on. I took the diginty of 'borrowing' a couple of things from some of the merchant stands I visited before heading back.

It was a new world for me, so I knew that I had to have some of the high-techy stuff they had so I could blend in a little more in the places the scientists stopped at for getting more materials for something they later on used in my story.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
"But right now, I'm gonna cut ya some slack and fast forward." Lianna said, slidding off the table and seating herself in the backwards chair.

"So, where would your story be now?" Peter asked, stirring up the pancake batter.

"It would be at the time I first met Rocket, four years later since I left home." She said.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
My life on the ship turned into a daily routine: try to sleep for about six hours, stay behind the spare cargo boxes in the corner of the ship's cargo space when someone was in there, get out and about of the ship for sunshine and food, try not to get into trouble. But that routine was soon broken when I over heard the scientists making one last trip for somthing and that was to Earth.

I was planning on whether to go back home or just live the rest of my new life. I was about to do my first idea when they first landed, until I saw him.

The cargo space's hatch opened up and all I saw from behind my little box shelter was a raccoon being held by his tail and shoved into a cage.

I felt so sorry for him and wished I could've done something for him, but it was too late when the hatch closed back up.