Chapter Four

"You sure this is gonna lure him away?"

"It has to work, when he hears the Golden Weapons have been obtained he'll most likely try to take them all for himself, as he and I are the only beings who can withstand the power of all four at once. Samukai, you just need to keep a search out for him and keep the act up. You didn't harm the girl did you?"

"Fine, I'll keep their hands off the chick. I don't see why she's so important, it's not like she has any powers of her own. Not that I know of anyways."

"All you need to know is her brother is the master of fire and he's under the influence of that dark power. If he hears she needs him he will discover the truth and take his place as the red ninja."

---

For the past few days Kai had been struggling to keep up his weight, he wasn't used to having large quantities of food before and he always had trouble when it came to digesting meat. Thankfully Garmadon did substitute with tofu after noticing this, although there was also the issue of Kai insisting he have more. "Kai you only had half a bowl, you're certain you don't have room for more? As the lower rank I expect you to stuff yourself with everything left."

"I know, but you're the strong Yokozuna here not me. You should focus on keeping up your own strength, if you lose too many matches you'll be forced to retire. The worst that happens to me is I'll be demoted a rank." The fire master argued back, pushing his bowl full of noodles towards his teacher.

"I'll be alright, you haven't been sneaking food before our training sessions have you?" Garmadon smirked, ruffling Kai's hair.

"H-hey! Watch it with the hair will ya G? I'm just thinking you should probably have more than me, it's not like I can stomach as much as you can." The younger of the two laughed. "I wonder if Mom ever had to deal with stuff like this. Man this mawashi sure does chafe, you got anything not made of cotton?"

"Once you've won enough matches you'll be able to pick your very own, made of silk and whichever colour you wish. I recall Maya was thrilled once she got to a Makushita, just one rank away from becoming a Juryo."

"Wow.. And Dad?"

"Oh it took him eight months to finally reach the Jonidan rank, mostly because for every match he won he would end up losing double, went back down to Jonokuchi a dozen times, I think anyways I lost count around the time you were born."

Kai really wanted to ask more about how his parents were, but he had to keep training to save Nya. She was still out there and after hearing about Wu and his ninja he knew he had to get to her first. "Hopefully I'll at least go up a rank before then."