Chapter Nine

Lloyd yelped as soon as the voice purred at him. No help was the large purple serpent that appeared right in front of him, black stripes going down from his forehead down to his tail and had a golden choker embedded with a bright cyan gemstone. "Oh terribly sorry, it's just been so long since I have seen anyone. What brings you here? I figured we have been forgotten about after so long."

"Um.. Hi, my name is Lloyd, Lloyd Garmadon. I need a venom expert and figured the Serpentine would be my best bet. Hey, this place sure looks abandoned, weren't the Anacondrai known as the biggest and most fierce of all the tribes?"

"We certainly were, we were known as the Snake King for many years until the war occurred. We were locked down here with barely any access to food or water, the poor lads all withered away until they were nothing more than scales and bones. Ah, where are my manners? I am Pythor P. Chumsworth, but you may call me Pythor."

"Wow... I can't believe they would do this to you. I might not be able to bring them back but I really want to make things right with you snakes, the war is long over and I really need your help. My dad really n-"

"Your father you say? Well how can I say no to that? I know a shortcut to the Toxic Bogs, but the Fangpyre tomb is much closer, shouldn't we release them too? I know the tribes are done with the fighting, especially when we all have a common foe. Besides I don't think your bike would be able to fit me on it too."

"Well, I guess it's only fair to let them out too. I'm gonna need all the help I can get to flush the Devourer's venom out of my dad."

Upon hearing of the mythical serpent, Pythor became more intrigued with Lloyd's quest. "The Great Devourer bit Garmadon? Now this is very interesting, what would happen if one were to drink her venom?"

"Pythor? You still there?"

"Huh? Oh yes! I would be glad to aid you on your quest, of course I could use a little bite to eat first. Does anyone know where to get a decent roast around here?"

Smiling at his new friend, Lloyd fit him as best he could on his motorbike. "I could use a pitstop too, should have packed myself a couple sandwiches before I left. You like noodles?"

As they rode, Pythor smirked at the thought of releasing every last tribe. "No doubt they must be furious from being forgotten for so long. We shall encase the humans in there for a change!"