Chapter Fifteen

For miles around there seemed to be nothing but desert and road, especially as Lloyd couldn't take his motorbike without leaving the serpentine in the dust. "How much further? My legs feel like they'll snap off any minute like cheap knockoff minifigures." He grumbled. "I didn't have time for lunch either.. Umm, you guys don't eat frogs, right?"

The two headed snake chuckled in response. "I much prefer egg katsssssssu, with plenty of cheesssssssssssssse. Ah, we're here." In front of them was an enormous junkyard with a neon sign reading Ed & Edna's Scrap 'N Junk. "We'll wait until nightfall, when the ownersssssss are away." He ordered. "Ssssssssso Lloyd, are you closssssssssssse to your father?"

"Eh, sort of, I haven't seen him for so long. Not since Mom moved in with Wu, something about draining venom." The blonde admitted. "She also mentioned a prophecy involving ninja and something green. Eh, you do have to be high to believe in destiny."

The snakes all laughed, Pythor was listening intently. "I take it she's had no luck so far. The poor dear woman, she needs someone who could ease her suffering. Mrs. Garmadon will be in for quite a surprise once you save your father."

Lloyd was filled with pride, he was so sure Garmadon would be saved that he didn't think there was anything suspicious about the serpentine being this willing to help the man who locked them away. Nor did he notice the long necked reptile chuckling to himself. "Good, they're finally gone. Time to get to work." He purred, slithering into the junkyard. "They even have a chopper here? We've really struck gold here!"

But where were the old couple going? Well they were heading to the outskirts of Ignacia, parking just a few meters away from the old shrine. "Mm, I can definitely smell the beef broth. Can you believe our little Jay is training to be a sumo wrestler, Edna?"

"And he's being trained under a shishõ coming out of retirement, I'm surprised I've never heard of him before. He calls himself Hoku-Ryu, probably just his ring name. He sure sounds secretive when Jay called."

Up on the bounty deck, a practice match was in session. The four students and their stable master threw handfuls of salt into the clay ring, only for the thinnest rikishi to jump when he saw the old couple rush on in. "Ack! I said come at three!" Jay squeaked, he hated it when his parents would smother him in public.

"I know, but we didn't want to miss your practice bout, son." Ed insisted. "Your mother and I brought your favourite DIY candy kits and chocolate filled dragon cookies, oh and I take it this is Hoku-Ryu."

Garmadon stepped forward, he was dressed in a kimono that covered up the black splotches on his body. However the tips of his fingers and his left eye's patches were still visible, hoping the Walkers wouldn't notice. "Yes, that's me. My shikona anyways." He answered. "I've trained Kai longer than the others, he's a Jonidan. Zane, Jay and Cole are still Jonokuchi."

"Well I'm sure Jay here is bound to go up a rank next!" Edna exclaimed, only for Jay to groan into his hands. "He's gonna be the best Soppugata in this stable!"

"Um, sooupu-gateux?"

"Oh that's a title for a thin sumo, Jay. Now, how about we see you all in action, eh? Oh! And you must come on by the junkyard someday, we kept your old room the way you like it."

"Aargh! I was hoping you wouldn't mention that.."

The other three students were surprised at how Jay was acting towards his own parents. "Is this what happens if you have both a mom and dad?" Kai asked.

"Beats me, I'd take this over grief of my dead Ma." Cole responded. "Mr and Mrs-"

"Oh just call us Ed and Edna. You're family too, we take in anyone Jay's friends with." Edna insisted.

"Heh, thanks. Well you should stay for dinner. Zane makes a killer chankonabe with fish balls covered in sesame seeds, as long as we can get those cookies too!"

Much to Jay's eternal embarrassment, his parents gladly accepted and went into the bounty dining room. "Uuugh, I'm this close to pulling your hair in the ring for that! But I'd much rather be promoted first."