Chapter Eight

As the boys all got comfortable in the hidden stable, Nya meanwhile found herself in a very unfamiliar environment. "Whoa.. Nice crib you got here Wu, but a monastery? Isn't that more of a place for monks than ninja?"

Wu didn't utter another word, he was quick to retire to his sleeping quarters after what had happened earlier. He had no intention of harming his brother, he figured whatever he had done would have just pushed him away further. "Wu? He's really in a slump isn't he? Wow, look at me talking to myself."

She figured if she was going to stick around she might as well become comfortable. But as soon as she took a seat on the couch a loud BRRRRRAAAAAAAAAP emerged. "ACK!!" She shrieked, only to discover it was just a whoopie cushion. "Those things are still being produced? Who is still entertained by fart jokes?"

Nya got her answer when she heard a mad cackling across the hall, a blonde man who looked a couple days younger than her was sprawled out on the floor laughing his head off. "Oh, how very mature of you." She grunted, tossing the cushion his way. "Are you related to Wu?"

Once he finally stopped laughing, the blonde got up to greet himself. "His nephew actually. I'm Lloyd! How about you? Are you that fire master Wu's been trying to recruit since he went to find the Golden Weapons?"

"Fire master? I think you'd want Dad, I remember he was the one who could command fire, that's how he made all the metalwork back at Four Weapons. Hmm, I wonder if he named it after the four weapons of Spinjitzu. But I'm getting off topic, my name is Nya and I don't think I have any powers."

Lloyd just smirked, going over to shake her hand. "Hey don't worry I haven't got a buzzer on it, Mom threw them all out after one too many pranks." He reassured the newcomer, only for her to be sprayed in the face by a plastic flower. "Heehe! She hasn't found everything yet!"

"So I see.. How come you're living with him instead of your dad? Correct me if I'm wrong but if Wu wants nothing to do with Garmadon wouldn't he have shunned you both away too?"

"Hate? Oh Wu can be a bit on the paranoid side, but even then I don't think he outright hates him. I know Dad would do anything to make amends, but as long as he still has evil pulsing through his veins, no matter how dormant it is, Wu won't trust him. I know Mom has been searching up anything she can to dissolve that venom but so far she's found nothing.."

Nya begun to wonder about the sound of venom, she remembered hearing stories from her parents on how they fought in the Serpentine war and locked the separate tribes underground to keep them from destroying the surface. "Wasn't there a tribe that experimented around with different venom types?"

"You mean the Venomari tribe? But they're all the way in the Toxic Bogs! Only other serpentine are able to handle the sludge in there without dissolving into a pile, hmmm.. I think I've got a plan." In a flash Lloyd took one of his bags. "It's about time I got a little mission of my own, if anyone knows about the Devourer it's the Serpentine. Besides, I think forty years is long enough for them to be imprisoned for, even if I only lived through seventeen and a half of those years. You coming along?"

"Thanks but I think I'll just hang around here. Besides, someone has to let Wu know where you're going. You won't be long right?"

But as she looked up she found Lloyd was already out the door and driving off on his motorbike. "Wow, I wonder if this place has any spare parts."

---

"Let's see now.. I remember one of the tombs was all the way in the Sea of Sands, under some fang shaped rock. Hopefully whoever is in there will know how to purge Dad of that poison." The blonde thought as he stopped at the front of the tomb. "Weird, I expected a lot more hissing from here.."

Upon opening the tomb, all he could see were piles of bones and a couple shed scales. "O-o-okay this is getting a little creepy.."

"Why hello there, you remind me of an old friend I once knew."