{Chapter 12}

The group were standing in front of 4 graves. Silently praying. The rare sound of the beaded necklace in (Y/n)'s hands rattling in the small breeze.

*BONK*

The sound was noticed by everyone but they all tried to ignore it.

*BONK*

"Why is he doing that?" The young girl asked, as she watched Inosuke banging his against a tree.
"Just ignore him." Her eldest brother told her and she went back to praying.

*BONK*

'I swear he is going to loose one brain cell he has...' (Y/n) thought as she got up from her kneeling-praying position; showing the praying session.

As everyone follows your lead well, except Tanjiro. His face was filled with sadness and regret, and self Loathing. You gently place your hand on his shoulder. Accidentally startling him. You looked up at you a little bit confused but smiled. It was sad tho.

You offer your hand to help him up and Tanjiro accepted gladly.

*Time Skip!*
(ノ>ω<)ノ :。・:*:・゚'★,。・:*:・゚'☆

As the group walked down the mountain Inosuke kept raming himself (head first) into trees. Tanjiro was having to carry Zenitsu after giving him a good headbutt, upon hearing what he was doing with your 'cloth'.

So, while he was busy with Zenitsu; you were holding the injured boy in your arms and had Nezuko's box on your back.

'So tired...'

Inosuke was yelling at Tanjiro for so reason but your mind didn't register the reason why.

'I've been in my human form too long. But I want to help.'

Unknowingly to you, your body started to turn back in to a fox. The young boy in your arms screamed at the sight of your hands being covered in red fur. This caught the attention of the rest of the group.

The sight of your half transformed body rang the alarm for them; well except Tanjiro. The burgundy-haired male through Zenitsu off his back to try and catch all three of you, as you turned turn completely into a fox.

Tanjiro shot forward, but only managed to catch Nezuko's box and the young boy.

"I KNEW IT!!" The sound of Inosuke's booming voice made him turn around. To find Inosuke holding you by the scruff of your neck.

"I THOUGHT I RECOGNISED THAT SPELL! YOU WERE A KITSUNE THIS HOLE TIME!" The masked boy yelled.

"Stop that! She hasn't hurt anyone! Leave her!" Tanjiro yelled after putting the young boy and Nezuko down. This however did not please Inosuke though.
He drow one of his swords and threatened it by your neck. Making Tanjiro sweat.

"Do you have any idea what she is? She is a Kitsune! One of the most powerful yokai. They feed off people's souls, getting them lost in forests till they go insane, and shape shifting into humans and killing people in their sleep!" Inosuke explained. "She could have been feeding off your life without you realizing!" Inosuke's works cut deep for you. Tears started forming and rolling down your fluffy cheeks.

'I don't do that... I'm not even old enough to even form a complete human transformation. I can't talk, I can't stay in it to long, and if I'm lucky I don't need to put a leaf on my head to transform. And I only know how to put people to sleep with a spell, and possessing people is dangerous even for me.'

"What do you mean? Kitsune have 9 tails! And she hasn't done anything to me; I'm only week because of my fights with demons." Tanjiro yelled back trying to think of a way to get you away from Inosuke.

"You idiot! Kitsune get their tails with their age! When they are 200 they have 2 tails, when they are 500 they have 5 tails, but only when they hit 1,000 do they get their 9th tail." Inosuke scolded/explained.

"How do you know so much about them!?" Zenitsu piped up from the sidelines.

Inosuke turned to Zenitsu and moving his sword away from you; oops.
"You learn a lot when your mountain is full of them!"

'YES, this is a chance!'
You hurl your body forward; making your small body to flip over and out of Inosuke's hand. As soon as your feet hit the floor. You ran and hid behind Tanjiro.

"YOU LITTLE BASTARD!-"

Zenitsu interrupted Inosuke, "but hold on, aren't Kitsune just trickster spirits until they reach 1,000. Because most evil Kitsune are already 1,000 year olds, and most Kitsune never reach that age." Zenitsu's argument made Inosuke think and confused. Inosuke looked back at you, peeping your head from behind Tanjiro's legs, and then back to Zenitsu, then back at you.

"Fine... she can live as long as she isn't up to something." Inosuke turned around and walked back on the trail.