{Chapter 15}

"What do you mean, that she is cursed?" The question was sitting on everyone's mind. Even (Y/n), who is a Kitsune like her brother Kongo, doesn't know too much about curses. Only that they are bad and not fun.

"Well, you call her a demon correct? The thing is that she is nothing but a human cursed to eat human flesh. It's a type of torture by oni's. So all the 'demons' you kill are just cursed humans. The problem is that oni's do this torture only in hell. Which means a rogue oni has made its way out of hell." Kongo explained to the best of his ability.

"So, all demons are just wrongly tortured humans?" Zenitsu asked with a trembling voice.

"Yes"

"Is there a way to cure her or others?" Tanjiro's voice was weary and worried.

"Yes. But you have to kill the oni that cured her. But killing an oni is very difficult.  It's only really has been done once before. " Kongo explained.

"Really!? So, medicine can't be made!" The burgundy-haired male was shocked.

"Well, you could ask the Goddess Inari Okami. She is the Goddess we Kitsune serve, we are powerless when dealing with curses, so it's best to pray to her for us to be able to help you." Kongo spoke.

"Wait! Only been done once before! Who was the first oni!?" Zenitsu yelled interrupting in shock but was quickly shut up by Tanjiro's hand. "Keep your voice down!"

"His name was Shuten Doji. His head would still bite after being beheaded. So, the Emperor had his head buried outside the city." Kongo answered Zenitsu ignoring his loudness.

"If the head was still alive when cut off; what actually kill him?" Inosuke spoke for the first time.

"Well... The samurai that killed Shuten Doji was wearing a helmet made of a special metal. By Shuten Doji biting this metal; is what killed him. That helmet was gifted to the samurai by 3 gods." The 3 slayers listened closely.
"The metal that makes up your swords is a weaker type of that metal that killed Shuten Doji. The metal is very rare in the human world it only naturally forms in the spirit world. So take good care of it." Kongo informed.

The room went quiet.

"Kongo-senpai... The oni that cursed my sister goes by the name Kibutsuji Muzan."

"I've never heard of him. I'm sorry there is no other information I can give you." Tanjiro gave a quick thank you as Kongo stood up.

Turning his attention to (Y/n).

"(Y/n)."

'Oh no.'

"I'll let you stay with them for 1 more mission. Once it's over I'll come and get you."

A very happy, bright-eyed (Y/n) foffed into her human form and almost tackled her brother to the floor - tail wagging happily.

"BARK!" That was all (Y/n) said.

"Ok. Ok. You're welcome and you're forgiven. Just don't do this ever again." Kongo stated as he lazily put his hand on (Y/n)'s head patting her with a small blush on Kongo's grumpy face. While she hugged her tall brother's legs to breaking point.
"Alright, now let me go; you're not the only sibling that might need to be yelled at for breaking rules," Kongo pulled (Y/n) off of him.

Walking away from the young Kitsune, Kongo turned around to look (Y/n) in the eye. "You're the last Kitsune to connect the Gods to the humans. Be careful and safe."
Were his last words before vanishing into the dark trees of the forest.

The room stayed quiet. Well...

"TIME TO HIT THE HAY!" Inosuke announced as he fell onto the futon, face-first, with a loud flop.

Taking his attention away from the boar; Tanjiro looked at (Y/n). Hesitant to speak. The red Kitsune looked at him allowing him to speak.
"(Y/n). Could you take my prayer to Inari Okami?"

(Y/n) looked at Tanjiro for a second before nodding: the Kitsune stood up and gestured for him to follow him. Slightly confused Tanjiro followed after the young Kitsune. Zenitsu ran to keep up with the 2 of them.

As (Y/n) walked she turned back into her red fox form. Her red bead collar hit each other as she walked.

The walk was not too long, but the darkening sky made it feel like hours. When in reality it was only minutes. Zenitsu's chattering teeth reminded them of the risk of demons.

(Y/n) made a sudden stop. Looking over her shoulder Tanjiro and Zenitsu could see a very old fox shrine.

It looked like it was abandoned for years. Spider webs, thick layers of dust and ageing damage all over it.

Turning around, (Y/n) sat down in front of Tanjiro. (Y/n) looked him in the eye and waited.