6: Life Boat to My Lighthouse

Enjoy <3
I'm switching it up a lil bit 😉

Matt's POV
She is by far the most beautiful girl I have ever laid my eyes on. Her black hair flew in the wind, her tan skin lit up by the moon, her brown eyes closed, her lips painted with the brightest smile.

I want to keep my eyes on her forever, to take a thousands pictures. One for every damn second I've spent looking at her. I didn't want to look away in fear she would disappear, because wow was she too good to be true. I reach my hand over and rub her leg because I know she needs the extra support.

She needs someone to know that their here for her and that's exactly who I want to be.

When she's a lifeboat lost at sea, I'll be her lighthouse.

I keep looking back between her and the road but it's so hard to want to look away from her.

Times like these are when I find her the most beautiful. Not when she's all dressed up with make up, not when she takes a beautiful picture, but when she is present.

When she cries in my arms, when she is vulnerable, when she walks in my room with wet hair and my long sweat pants on.

When she opens up her heart for me.

But I will never tell her how I feel unless I know she feels the same. Until she tells me she feels the same. Because I would wait a thousand lifetimes if it meant she was ready for me to love her the way she deserves to be loved. The way she needs to be loved.

Tates POV
I slide back into my seat and let out a content sigh. My chest feels lighter. I look over at Matt and I don't think he realizes just how much he's glowing right now.

His bright pink cheeks, his glazed blue eyes, and his plump lips that show the brightest smile.

I wish I could get the best camera to encapsulate this beautiful picture.

He catches me staring and I look forward. He gives my leg two pats before he lifts it removing it from my leg. Before it can get too far I grab his hand and intertwine it with mine, still looking forward. Mostly because I'm nervous as hell and chanting in my head.

"You're so stupid Tate. You're too bold"

He squeezes my hand assuring me that it's okay.

⋆。˚ ☁︎ ˚。⋆

After about an hour of driving around and jamming out, we make it back home.

When we get inside all the lights are off and it's just after 10 o'clock.

"I'm gonna take a shower. Can I raid your closet?" I ask shyly.

"You know I don't care." He smiles. I nod and head to his room going into his closet. I grab his orange Nike hoodie and grey sweat pants and drag my happy ass all the way to the bathroom.

I turn on the shower so it's pretty hot and strip of my clothing. I run my hand under the water and step in.

I exhale as the water hits my back and cascades down my body. I feel completely and utterly relaxed. For the first time in a while my brain went completely silent, and that feels so safe.

I finish up in the shower and step out, grabbing a towel. I dry and get changed. After I change I dry my hair and brush it.

I step out of the steamy bathroom and turn the light off. My feet feel cold on the hardwood floor.