18: FroYo and Playgrounds

Enjoy <3

I recommend listening to thoughts from a balcony by Mac Miller on repeat because thats what I listened to writing this

Apologies for the late update I've had a severe case of writers block :) PLEASE READ MY NOTE AT THE END FOR IMPORTANT NEWS THANK YOU

They're yoga video yesterday is definitely my new favorite

Ok onward

It was Thursday night now. 5 days after me and Matt's argument. LA has been incredibly fun. We leave next Wednesday and next Friday is New Year's Eve.

It's 9:30 when we're smushed together on Madi's couch watching the end credits of Lemonade Mouth.

"Let's go to the pool." Madi says.

"You have a pool?" I gasp.

"Yeah?" She laughs. My jaw drops.

"And you didn't tell us sooner?" I stand up and she laughs at me.

"Don't be so dramatic. Go get changed." She slaps my ass jokingly while I get off the couch. I turn to go into our room skipping my way down the hallway. When I get to my messy suitcase I search through to find the second bathing suit I brought. It's just a plain royal blue bikini.

I've gotten quite tan in the time of being in LA and the color of the bathing suit looks really nice with my skin color. I then grab my long flannel and put it on over my shorts and bikini.

I step out of the bathroom and meet everyone in the living room, putting my Nike slides on.

"I really like this color on you." Nick compliments. "It brings out your eyes."

"Thanks Nick." I smile at him.

We walk outside quietly making our way to the pool. Me and Matt walk behind everyone holding hands and watching as they make TikToks. I smile keeping this moment sweet in my memory. (😉 iykyk)

Matt kisses the side of my head and drops my hand, wrapping his arm around my neck.

"I feel like we've been distant lately since our argument last week." Matt talks quietly.

"I agree. But it honestly brought out insecurities in me and I feel like you don't really get that." He nods his head.

"I didn't mean for that to be the case. It was really stupid of me to have gotten upset with you in the first place. It wasn't right." I nod my head agreeing. I decide on not bringing it up again because it isn't worth it. We've talked it out enough and we know we love each other a shit ton. We stay quiet the rest of the walk.

When we get to the pool we put our things down in a lounge chair.

"Oh my god Chris we should play mermaids!" I shake his shoulders.

"Let's fucking do it." He says with a smile.

I go to the edge of the pool and dive head first into the icy water. My head came up through the surface and I wipe the water from my face right as Chris, Matt, and Nick jumped into the pool splashing me again. Madi decided on going into the hot tub. When the trio comes up they laugh their asses off.

"Oh my god you should've seen your face." Matt laughs.

"Ha ha so funny." I splash him. He splashes me back harder. He swims closer to me and pulls me to his chest. Our feet are treading the water beneath us. My arms are wrapped behind his neck and his arms are wrapped around my waist. I can feel my teeth chatter.

"Cold?" He laughs. I nod my head.

"A little bit." He smiles. I lean up and kiss his lips gently. His cold lips contrasted against my warm ones.