05: BEHIND THE SCENES

Previously...

Months after your Abuela's passing, you had finally reverted back to your usual self, in time for Camilo's gift ceremony as he receives the power to shapeshift, while growing even closer to you. Right after, it was Mirabel's turn, but hers went awry, making her receive no gift at all, causing you to comfort her. Concerned by the girl's lack of a power, Alma urges Bruno to look into the future, only to see a foreboding situation that causes him to go into hiding in the walls of Casita, only making you even more saddened.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Some years had passed and during those years, a new Madrigal was born, named Antonio - who shared the same most prominent features as his father. Growing up, the small boy shared a sibling-like bond with you as you played and spent your time with him. He had a love for animals, always seeking you out to go birdwatching and such. Out of all the members in your trio, he enjoyed spending time with you the most, which you were quite proud of. Speaking of your trio...

As you all aged together, they had grown a bit more distant as their rooms were separated and responsibilities grew, however they certainly didn't grow distant to you, with each kid stealing you away before the other to get some alone time. You were closer to Mirabel, much to Camilo's displeasure, so he always did his best to get to you first, which grew more and more difficult as the spectacled girl seemed to develop stronger feelings for you. Not that it was going to stop him, he'll do what he can to spend precious time with you.

Speaking of the chameleon-like boy, he had grown even more affectionate, like Mirabel and the rest of the family. But his idea of friendly bonding was borderline romantic, calling you all sorts of lovey-dovey nicknames, but 'mi vida' was the one he used the most (which he now realizes the significance of). It wasn't uncommon for him to flirt with you as well, one time even planting a quick kiss on the back of your hand when he was feeling bolder than usual.

It dawned on him that he had feelings for you, and he was going to act upon it. It was odd, but you didn't know that, you just thought he was naturally affectionate to you. Besides, you weren't one to think of things like that, you were still so young.

Mirabel on the other hand, was less forward than her primo, but also shared the severely loving nature of the Madrigals towards you, and the same feeling of butterflies in her stomach as you spend time with her.

Today was one of those days where you played with Antonio alongside Mirabel in the nursery. That was were you opted to stay after all this time, taking Camilo's former bed, who had urged you to stay at his room instead, but you declined, as pouty as he was at your rejection. Still, you slept over there quite often due to his persistence.

Heading out to do your unfinished chores, you reprimand yourself for getting distracted with the two. Most of the time, you did the household tasks with Mirabel, while the others went out to help the town. The curly-haired girl had done enough work for today, even if she insisted that she help you out, yet you weren't having it.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Watering the various plants near Dolores's door, you accidentally bump into a large painting. Upon impact, it slightly pushed back into the wall, creating a light slamming noise.

Weird. Shouldn't that be stuck to the wall? Curious, you investigate further, checking behind the painting to see a hole, leading somewhere. You pondered if you should explore or not, but being a curious fourteen year old didn't exactly do you any favors.

Stepping inside, you explore the inner parts of Casita, finding... really not much. It wasn't exactly anything to look at, just dusty posts, beams and bland walls. There was a bit of light filtering in from above, but not sufficient to illuminate the whole cramped space. Still, it was enough for you to see your surroundings.