08: FAMILY COUNSELING

Previously...

Mirabel is in disbelief when the cracks she saw had completely vanished, urging you and Julieta to do your best to comfort her. Remembering Bruno's vision, you make an excuse and attempt to rush off to speak to the seer, making Mirabel suspicious as she insists on coming with you, to which you bypass by giving her a kiss on the cheek. On your way out, you were stopped by a brooding Camilo, who drags you to his room while you comfort him and ease his secret envy towards his cousin, causing him to realize his true feelings for you.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

You slowly open your eyes, vision a bit blurry as they properly adjust to the bright natural light pouring in. Now fully awake, you were greeted by the sight of green orbs peering back at you fondly and intently, with the familiar face of Camilo merely inches away from yours. It made you yelp and recoil as your head briefly bumps with the backboard of the bed. The orbs that stared at you closely now held a look of concern, but they never lost that loving glimmer as the chameleon boy gazed at you, now gently caressing the spot you hit.

"Wha— why—"

"Rise and shine, cosa lindo. You really should be more careful."

"Careful?! You'd have the same reaction if someone was staring at you this close to your face as you wake up!" You emphasized your point by waving your hand in front of you, to which he chuckled at.

"Hmm... I wouldn't if it was you doing it."

Scoffing and rolling your eyes in fake annoyance, you push his face away with your hand. There he goes again, always teasing you. The chameleon boy loved doing that to see your reactions. Yet, out of all the times he did his flirty 'act', you never got flustered, not once. Even that one time where he kissed the back of your hand. You always take it as a joke, when in reality, he couldn't be more serious. But he still loves your responses. And your laugh, that wonderful, sweet laugh he could never get enough of. Although he's grateful for your dense nature towards his actions, it would be pretty cute to see you blush. Ah well, that just means he'll just have to try harder, which he will gladly do.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Camilo had been extra clingy this morning, not letting go of your hand once. Currently, the boy was stacking a pile of arepas in his plate, to which you watched in mild amusement as he snuck in a few bites while placing various other appetizers on your platter as well.

"Cami-mi, I can't finish all this by myself. Why are you giving me so many?!"

"Mmpf – uh... backup."

You deadpanned as he chewed on a berry, continuing to stack the food on his plate and yours. Heading over to the dining table, you spot Mirabel rushing by after speaking to Dolores, only stopping to greet you.

"Oh, morning! Camilo didn't bother you last night, did he?" The spectacled girl says as she glares at the boy beside you, who only smirked, squeezing your hand further.

"Hey, Miraboo. Sorry for leaving you last night. Don't worry, I'll sleep with you agai—"

Very quickly, you were dragged away by your coily-haired companion as he scoffed, thinking about the implication of your words. Looking back at Mirabel's slightly rosy face, you shrugged, mouthing the words, 'we'll talk later' and waving. The curly-haired girl held an annoyed expression once you looked away. She'll spend time with you later, but for now she was on a mission.

Sitting next to Camilo, you attempt to eat the stack of food he placed earlier. While he had his own platter (which had been quickly emptied), he took some (a lot) off yours. Without warning, the boy holds up a berry to your lips.