07: JEALOUS

Previously...

On the day of Antonio's gift ceremony, everyone spent the entire morning preparing for it, coupled with you finding said child and Mirabel under your bed as she comforted the boy. Bringing him to his family right before the event, he suddenly grows nervous when finally faced with the path that all Madrigals walked, making you accompany him to his door, which glows as he is given the ability to communicate with animals, causing everybody to celebrate, but troubling news arrive when Mirabel suddenly exclaims that the house is in danger.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

The music broke off as everyone's gazes now fell to the spectacled girl. You detach yourself from the shapeshifter, making your way to Mirabel, who explained that she saw cracks in the walls and how the candle almost went out. Abuela responds, her formerly carefree demeanor changing into a serious one.

"Show me."

You and the crowd head outside, with Mirabel in disbelief as the cracks that had previously formed were now gone. Abuela reassures everyone to not worry, saying that 'the magic is strong' while making a joke that made the townsfolk chuckle. As everyone went back in Antonio's room, you gently push through the crowd, rushing to Mirabel's side who only peered at you dejectedly.

"...you believe me, right?"

The spectacled girl intertwines your hand in hers, perhaps to soothe herself from the situation. You frown as you notice the cut in her palm while glancing at her downcast hazel orbs.

"I do, but we need to get your hand fixed up. I'll take you to the kitchen."

Doing so, you find Julieta preparing an arepa as you attempt to cheer Mirabel up. You pondered if you should tell her about the vision. Knowing her, she'd most likely risk herself to find out what was happening. You didn't want her to get hurt, you didn't want any of them to get hurt. You need to figure out how to fix this mess. After everything the Madrigals had done for you, you felt as though you had to return the favor, even if it meant getting injured in the process.

Stepping aside, you let Julieta comfort her daughter as you get lost in the various thoughts muddling your brain. You have to talk to Bruno; convince him to do another vision. Struck with a newfound determination, you excuse yourself from the two briefly, who glanced at you, perplexed by the urgency in your voice.

"I just need some fresh air, that's all."

"Then let me come with you." Mirabel offers, becoming more and more persistent to accompany you, but you suppose you didn't blame her. You should've made your peculiar urgency a lot less obvious. Thinking of something to get out of the situation, you peck her on the cheek.

"It's fine, Miraboo. I won't be long!" Bolting out of the kitchen, you left a flustered Mirabel and a bewildered Julieta. Slowly, the mother's lips curl upwards into a teasing smirk as she nudges her daughter playfully, whose cheeks were as red as a rose. She gently touches the area where your lips were once planted, a euphoric expression gracing her features.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

You lean on the wall at the bottom of the staircase, taking a break to collect yourself. You had never kissed anyone except your abuela. Hopefully the girl didn't mind your forwardness. Little did you know that she didn't at all, she yearned it, in fact.

Suddenly feeling an arm loop around yours, you were quickly dragged up the stairs. In a blur, you were in a certain shapeshifter's room. You catch your breath, sitting at the edge of the bed as he quickly followed suit. The chameleon-like boy coils his arm around yours as he leans into your shoulder, same as he did when you were younger. He didn't plan on setting you free any time soon, so you might as well talk to him.