You're still my favorite girl pt. 2- R.L.

description: Remus' reaction to Y/N's confession. (picks up right after pt.1)

word count:671

"Like love, love?" Remus asked wide-eyed.

"Yes, love love. I have since I can remember." Y/N said, nervousness growing in her chest

Remus didn't reply. Awkward silence growing, it was almost deafening. Remus had always thought about this moment, the day he would finally tell her how he truly felt. He never thought she'd be the first to say it. He loved everything about her, her laugh, her wit, the way her hair glistened in the sun. He had almost told her when they were 13, but things didn't pan out that way.

*flashback*

Remus stares at himself in the mirror. I've got this, she'll say yes. He thought trying to build up false confidence to tell Y/N the truth. Walking into the common room with a confident stride, his three buddies look at him confusedly.

"What's put some pep in your step today?" Sirius asked his taller friend.

"I've decided to tell Y/N how I feel." He said nervously rubbing the back of his neck.

"It's about time. C'mon boys, today our Moony becomes a man." James said standing up headed toward the portrait exit. 

-

The four boys walked through the campus in search of Y/N, usually around this time she was reading in the courtyard. 

There she was, same spot reading her classic novel. Looking as beautiful as ever.

"You've got this" James said giving him an encouraging nudge.

Remus came out of his trance, shaking the nerves out of his hands. Pulling out her favorite flower from his bag, hiding it behind his back. Starting to head towards the girl, rehearsing what he's going to say under his breath.

Before he could reach the girl, A tall dark-haired fourth-year Ravenclaw walked up to the girl. Looking up from her book smiling at the older boy. Remus froze, watching the two interact. Y/N stands up interlocking her hand with the boys, walking off into the distance. 

Remus was stunned, he had no idea she was seeing someone. She never told him.

Abruptly turning around, Remus storms off. As he passes his friends who are trying to comfort him, he drops the flower.

*End of flashback*

Wanting to break the silence Y/N speaks up. "I'm sorry I shouldn't have-"

"I love you too." Remus cut her off "I meant to tell you a long time ago, I just never got the words out." He said averting her gaze.

Her heart started racing at his words, not knowing what to do she pulled him into an embrace. Resting her head on his chest, he wraps his arms around her waist afraid to let go.

"I was scared you wouldn't feel the same" she whispered

"It's impossible for me not to love you" he spoke rubbing his hand along her back

The pair stood there for a while, taking in each other's presence. Y/N lifted her head to look into Remus' loving eyes. Warm breath fanning over each other faces. 

Remus leans in, connecting their lips. His lips were soft and gently forceful, he had waited for this for too long. Deepening the kiss by placing his hand on the back of her neck. 

Lost in the passion they failed to feel the presence of someone in the room.

"Ahem" McGonagall cleared her throat, causing the students to jump away from each other embarrassed. 

"Sorry Professor, we were just-"

"Save it Mr. Lupin. You two are dismissed" 

Y/N headed towards the door with her head down, trying not to look her Professor in the eye. Remus following right behind her, only to be stopped by The older witch

"I always knew you could do it." she smiled at the boy, he returned the smile exiting the classroom.

"Y/N wait up" He shouts causing the girl to turn around. He jogs up next to her to catch up. Walking side by side back to their dorms. After a few feet, Remus stops her.

" I forgot to ask, would you do me the honor of being my girlfriend?" he asked with a hopeful grin

"Hmm let me think about it..... of course I will." She said matching his cheesy grin, pulling him into a short sweet kiss.