Brother knows best- S.B.

Request and plot by: @JulzLovDraco4Eva 

Description: Being James Potter's Twin is hard for Y/n especially when it comes to dating

word count: 1.6k

Y/N trudged through leaves and broken twigs in the forest that surrounded the Black lake. The paper said to meet at the infamous tree everyone sits at. Nervousness sat in the pit of her stomach, she had no clue who had written the note. Her best friend Lily warned her not to go or at least not alone, what if it was someone who wanted to harm her? Or some prank to humiliate her?

She didn't care though, she knew she could hold her own in any situation. Plus her curiosity got the better of her. As she approached the tree, she could see a figure leaning against it. Dressed in his school uniform, with his own touches of course. Loosened tie, untucked dress shirt, a few undone buttons. It was the one and only Sirius Black.

"Y/N, I see you got my note" he said pushing himself off the tree

"Yeah, what's so important we needed to talk about?" her nerves didn't calm down when she realized it was her brother's best friend. They worsened, Y/N had developed a major crush on Sirius during their first few years at Hogwarts. She knew she could never tell him, James would have a fit if he found out.

James loved his twin he would do anything to protect her, especially when it came to boys. During third year, a boy told her he liked her, she decided to give him a chance because he was cute. One day in the hall they were holding hands, a very innocent thing. James didn't see it that way. He waited until Y/N was in his class so he could corner the boy.

The next day the boy told her that he never wanted to see him again. She didn't know what happened until Remus told her. She didn't talk to James for a week.

She made sure James never knew about any of her relationships after that. She told Lily about her crush on Sirius, Lily told her it was best if he never found out about it. Everyone knows Sirius' reputation, bad boy type, a serial dater who rarely stayed tied down. If James made a list of boys who he thought were good for her, Sirius Black would never cross his mind.

"Sorry for the ominous message, I just wanted to make sure we would be alone. I wanted to apologize to you."

"Apologize? For what?" she furrowed her brows

"For everything. The past few years the boys and I have played stupid tricks on you, they were funny at first but they started to feel mean after a while." he explained

"I never thought they were mean Sirius, I laughed along with you guys." 

"I know, but I hated thinking that I was hurting I genuinely care about"
"I realized that I only started doing it because I like you." he confessed

"WHAT?" she blurted out
"Uh I mean, what?" she cleared her throat trying to play it off

"It's true, I've liked you for years" he nervously laughed rubbing the back of his neck
"And I have a feeling you like me too." 

She swallowed "Why do you feel that?" Hoping her emotions aren't dancing across her face

"I've caught all your stolen glances over the years, you always try not to laugh at my jokes but always seem to fail."
"And last summer I might have overheard a conversation between you and Lily" He smiled

"Okay so you know, I do like you. What now?" Her heart was pounding in her chest

"Now we take the next step, only if you want to" he told her

"Yeah, I think that could work" she grinned at him. On the inside, she was jumping up and down but she made sure she was cool on the outside. She had waited so long for this dream to become a reality. Her brain working overtime thinking about all the things they could do together, she remembered. James.