VEINTICINCO

˚˚. HERMÉS

I was lucky.

Crow gave me a sniper while the others have pistols and daggers. Kanina ko pa sila sinusundan but I wanted them to come to me. I already expected Dior to light up the whole carnival once I saw what Hades did to the emergency button.

Their decisions continued to fail them. My plan was smooth - I just had to watch them like a shadow. Hindi lang sila ang pwedeng makapatay sa akin, pati ang mga Crow Guards din. I had to always look back and forth then think twice on my choices.

Nagising ako rito sa liblib na parte ng carnival. I had a lantern with me so I was able to scan the place beforehand. Moreover, alam ko na isa lang ang guardhouse dito. There was only one place where they could hide.

I prepared my sniper as I approached the guardhouse. Napangisi ako nang makitang sumilip si Hades. I wanted to laugh at that.

Checkmate.

I looked at the guardhouse where the three killers of Yves were at.

The only problem I had with me was that the place was too dark. Hindi ko sila makikitang tumakas. Hence, I had to rely on my hearing senses. When there was rustling, there was movement. Unti-unti akong lumapit sa pinto at binuksan ito.

I was right. They escaped.

I heard some rustling so I immediately ran to it. Hindi ako makabaril agad because I did not want to waste any bullets. Kaunti lang din naman ang bullet na ibinigay ni Crow. That was my downside.

Naririnig ko ang pagtakbo sa tatlong direksyon. They must have separated. Inuna kong sinugod ang yabag na naririnig kong mabagal. That was my best shot of eliminating one. I squinted my eyes and saw my first target.

I had to be careful, though. Dior was carrying both a chainsaw and a gun in her hand. However, her reaction time would be too slow since marami siyang dala. Hindi niya agad magagamit ang baril niya.

I positioned myself far enough from her. But, tumigil ako nang marinig ko ang boses niya. Fuck. Gusto kong murahin ang sarili ko dahil rumurupok nanaman ako. I was falling all soft again for her.

"Hermés..." She called me. I stopped in my tracks and faced her. From my vision, she was not pointing any gun at me. Hindi ko alam kung ano ang nangyari sa akin but I decided not to direct my weapon at her. "Bakit mo 'yon ginawa?"

I took a deep breath.

Walang dahilan. Kahit anong sabihin ko... I was wrong. However, I did not want my life to stop too. Gusto kong magsimula ng panibagong buhay. And, I did not want my secret to plague me and my future.

My parents were disappointed enough at me... turns out that their reason was valid. I made bad choices but I did not want to face the consequences. I just wanted to erase the traces of my haunting past.

Kaya ko nga dinala ang mga kaibigan ko sa Crowbones, e.

I was the one who brought them here. They were fighting a losing battle all along.

"I'm sorry." My apology was genuine. Sa lahat... kahit hindi nila alam na ako ang dahilan bakit nandito sila. That I was selfish for choosing what would do me best. And lastly, I wanted to apologize to myself for killing my best friend and the woman we loved.

"Hermés, pwede ka pang magsimula ng panibago." She held my hand as tears brimmed my eyes. I had to look away from her. "Huwag mo itong gawin, please. Ikaw pa rin naman ang kaibigan namin, 'di ba?"