14. Battle Wounds

With the battle over, and the bridge destroyed, the Narnians took control and began leading the Telmarine's through the water in small groups to stop them from rebelling or fighting back.
Rhea walked crossed the river with Caspian, Susan, Peter and Edmund, and they made their way over to where Lucy and Aslan were stood.
Since her body could absorb water, she became completely dry once they stepped out of the river, unlike the others, who were now dripping wet.
Lucy smiled as they approached her, and Rhea gave her a quick hug.
"You were so brave. I don't think I would have been able to stand alone opposite the whole Telmarine army, with nothing more than a dagger to protect me" admitted Rhea.
"Thanks, it was nothing" blushed Lucy.

Caspian and the other Pevensies all dropped to one knee when they reached Aslan, and bowed their heads in respect.
"Arise, kings and queens of Narnia" announced Aslan.
Edmund, Peter and Susan all stood up, but Caspian remained kneeling.
"All of you" continued Aslan.
"I do not think that I am ready" admitted Caspian.
"It is for that very reason, that I know you are" replied Aslan.
Inspired by Aslan's faith in him, Caspian stood to his feet and faced the lion.

The sound of tiny feet walking towards them, broke up the silence, and they all looked to the ground where an unconscious Reepicheep was being carried by his people.
Rhea gasped in horror at the mouse's injured body.
Despite his small size, Reepicheep, was one of the bravest people Rhea had ever met, and she didn't want him to die, for they'd had so many good times together in the past.
Lucy dropped to her feet and poured a small amount of liquid from her healing cordial, into Reepicheep's mouth.
A few seconds later the mouse began to breathe better, and then his eyes flicked open.

"Thank you, your majesty" he said to Lucy, as he jumped to his feet.
Lucy smiled, and stood back up.
"All hail, the mighty Aslan. It is an honour to be in your company" Reepicheep announced when he saw Aslan.
He attempted to bow, but fell over without a tail to help keep him balanced, for his had been cut off during the battle.
"Oh my. Please, forgive me, your grace, for appearing in such an unseemly fashion" apologised Reepicheep, as he covered his tiny tail stub with his hands.
"Perhaps another drop?" He asked, turning back to Lucy.
"I don't think it does that" admitted Lucy.
"Well, you could have a go" suggested Reepicheep.

Aslan chuckled, "It becomes you well, small one".
"All the same, great king, I'm afraid I must withdraw. For a tail is the honour and glory of a mouse" admitted Reepicheep sadly, as he removed his tiny sword from its sheaf.
"Perhaps you think too much of that honour, friend" replied Aslan.
"It's not just the honour. It is also great for balance, and grabbing things, and climbing trees".
"In your majesty's name, we shall sacrifice our own tails, for we will not have an honour denied to our chief" announced one of the mice, as he held his sword against his own tail.
"There is no need for that... Not for the sake of your dignity, but for the love of your people" said Aslan, before breathing deeply on Reepicheep.

A moment later everyone gasped as Reepicheep's tail grew back to its normal length.
"Oh my. Thank you, your majesty. I shall treasure it always. From this day forth, it will serve as a great reminder of my huge humility" announced Reepicheep.
Everyone laughed, and Rhea's thoughts turned to the other Narnians who might have been injured in the fight.
"Has anyone seen Trumpkin?" Questioned Rhea.
The Pevensies began looking around for the dwarf, until Edmund spotted him leading a Telmarine group across the water.
"There he is" pointed Edmund.

Rhea bowed respectfully at Aslan, before running towards Trumpkin.
The moment his feet touched dry land, she threw her arms around him, crushing him in a hug.
"You're alright" she sighed in relief.
"I won't be if you keep hugging me like this" admitted Trumpkin.
"Sorry" apologised Rhea, as she released Trumpkin.
"I was only joking. I'm just glad to see you back in one piece. I was terrified that I wasn't going to see you again"
"I'm fine, I promise. I found Aslan, and reawakened the forest, just as I said I would... Have you seen Trufflehunter?"
"No, but he stayed underground during the battle, with the children, and the other Narnians who weren't going to fight, so I'm sure he is fine".

"What about you? How bad are your injuries?" Asked Rhea, as she pointed to the deep cut on Trumpkin's face.
"I'm alright. My cuts will heal in no time, so you don't need to worry about me" reassured Trumpkin.
"That's good... Since you are feeling well enough, there is someone I would like you to meet" informed Rhea.
"Who?"
"You'll see".
Rhea dragged Trumpkin over to where Aslan was stood, and the dwarf immediately dropped to one knee and bowed when he saw the great lion.

Aslan roared loudly, making Trumpkin jump in terror, while everyone else laughed.
"Do you see him now?" Questioned Lucy.
Trumpkin nodded as he nervously stood to his feet, "Yes, he is definitely real".
"I told you so" replied Lucy smugly.
"You were right, and I was wrong. Your faith was not misplaced"
"No, it wasn't".
Rhea smiled at Lucy, before turning from Trumpkin to face Aslan.
"Are you going to take the power out of me, now that the battle is won?" She asked quietly.
Rhea didn't want to lose the powerful feeling inside her. But she also knew it was not hers to keep, for she had to give it back to the earth eventually.

"Not just yet. I want you to hold onto that power for a little longer" revealed Aslan.
"You do?" Smiled Rhea.
"Yes, I have a little task for you to complete once we reach the Telmarine castle, and you will need the power of the earth, to complete the task" informed Aslan.
Rhea's face fell, "I didn't think I would have to go back there again. I wanted to be in the forest when the dryads woke up".
"I will be with you when that happens, so you do not have to be afraid of missing it" replied Aslan.
"Even so, I really had no intention of leaving the forest again... I nearly died in that castle, which is why I don't want to go back there"
"You cannot let your fear be the master of you. We all must do things that we are scared of, for that is how we grow as people".

"What is it you want me to do when we get to the castle?" Questioned Rhea.
"I think the Telmarine town could do with a little redecorating, don't you?" Smiled Aslan.
"What kind of redecorating?" Asked Rhea.
"Well, I think it's time we bring nature back to the town, and you are the only person who can do that. So, will you accompany us to the city, and bring the forest with you?"
"Yes, I will"
"Good. Then let's get going".