5; tarot and other hoaxes

THE CAR RIDE OVER TO 300 FOX WAY was abnormal to say the least. Usually, I believe in coincidences. But when Gansey explained to me the legend of the Welsh Kings, especially the details I wasn't already aware of, I felt myself start to believe in it. The patterns were there, the signs were clear. It was hard not to believe it, not when he spoke about it so sharply.

  "I didn't realise you were bringing them." I turned back to the two boys in the backseat, Ronan rolling his eyes at me and Adam sheepishly blushing with an apologetic look in his eyes.

    "We're a package deal." Gansey said simply.

    "I don't like this idea."  Ronan murmured.

    "Because you're scared of psychics?" I guessed.

    "Because it's fucking stupid." Ronan deadpanned. "Maybe we should get back. I haven't fed Chainsaw since three hours ago."

    "Just tell Noah to do it."

    I turned to Gansey, who felt my persistent stare and glanced sideways at me for a moment. "Dog?" I whispered, although I knew it must've been another animal as Ronan Lynch did not strike me as a dog person.

    "Raven." He replied.

    "I didn't know you could buy ravens."

    "You can't, he found it in a church last night." Adam said nonchalantly.

    I wondered for a moment if they knew how utterly bizarre it sounded. "Do you think they'll let us do the reading?" Gansey chanced negatively. "We're pretty late."

    "I don't think their psychic business is exactly booming with costumers."

     Gansey parked in front of the blue house, giving everyone a look of encouragement before he exited the car. As I walked out the car, I observed the house more clearly. The first thing I noticed was how there was no less than twenty cars parked outside, and that I could spot multiple people in different rooms from the open windows. It looked like a sorority house, really.

     We all walked over to the front door, ringing the doorbell. It didn't talk them a minute before they came and opened the door. "Sorry that I'm late." Gansey said remorsefully. "Will it be a problem?"

    I tilted my head to the side, observing the woman by the door. She looked exactly like Blue.  As I stepped to the side to peek into the house, I saw no other than Blue standing by the far kitchen. I instantly pieced together that they were related, and that the woman by the door was her mother or aunt. Did she tell me it's her family's business? When I couldn't recall properly, I shook it off.

     "Well," She exhaled deeply, eyes glued on Gansey in particular. "It's not too late. Come into the reading room. Can I get some names?"

    "Gansey." He said, pointing to himself. "Adam. Ronan. Daisy."

    "Beth." I corrected.

    "Blue's friend?" The woman's eyes sparked in recognition.

    I nodded. "You know Blue?" Adam asked quietly.

    She led us into the living room "She's my daughter— there she is." She turned, watching as Blue walked into the living room and sitting beside her mother. "She'll be present for the reading, if you don't mind."

    "I didn't realise she was your daughter." Adam said, shooting a poisonous look at me. "Beth?"

    I threw my hands up in surrender, shrugging my shoulders to show that I didn't know either. Blue gaped at Adam scrutinisingly. "What happened to your face?" She asked.