Ch. 2 - Suffer together

Why didn't I finish the entire manga? I only read through the Hashira Training arc because I was waiting for the anime to come out. AAAAAA I regret it so much. (;'༎ຶٹ༎ຶ')

It's fine though, at least I know half of the story... right?

"me... Ume?" Gyuutaro's voice snapped you back to reality, you just stared at him with confusion.

"Here, take out your hand!" He said and you did as he told.

'A Kanzashi?' You thought as you watched Gyuutaro place the hair accessory into your small tiny hand.

"This is your Nii-Chan's gift for my beautiful and cute Ume!" Gyuutaro said with happiness.

'So beautiful! Wasn't Daki and Gyuutaro poor? How did he get this...? Don't tell me he did something bad!' You looked at him with suspicion, but nonetheless you beamed, squealed and hugged him as a thank you since you couldn't speak yet.

"Ume, I'll buy you more Kanzashi's in the future! And when you grow up more, Nii-Chan will also buy you lots of cute Kimono's!" He said excitedly.

You mentally frowned at how he wanted to spend his money, or you guessed if he actually work for money and not robbing people.. hopefully.

"Uuwaaa" you said, holding out your two short arms.

He immediately know what you wanted and picked you up from the dirty ground.

"Let's go walk Ume" And you two went for a walk to the greens.

~~~

"Oh my, look at her. Such a beauty!" A lady compliment as she take glances at your face. You furrowed your eyebrows because you hate it when people just didn't bother hiding their curiosity towards you.

"Indeed she is my dear, but look at the child next to her. So ugly!" The man said, not bothering to whisper.

"Urg! Who is he?! So ugly!" The lady said. A urk mark appeared from your forehead.

"Didn't you hear? That widow was the mother of him, and recently she gave birth to another one. Is she perhaps the other child of hers?" Someone said with clear mockery.

Gyuutaro gritted his teeth, he doesn't care about what people thinks about him. But if it's about his little sister, he will do anything to make them regret what they said.

You noticed that his eyes were getting duller and duller by the second, is that even possible?

You then patted his head with your hand, making Gyuutaro look like a cat with droopy ears.

'COOT!' You felt as if a arrow as pierced through your heart because of the cuteness your brother is giving off.

Gyuutaro smiled softly at you and hugged you tighter, "Those who hurt you even the slightest, I will pay them backtenfold." He muttered.

'Oh fuck.' You sighed at his change of expression after he turns to look at other people.

He gave them a death glare, if glares could kill, it could be right now there will only be soulless bodies now.

'So he didn't calm down' you thought while sweatdropping at his behavior.

~~~

Time skip brought to you by Daki being Daki 👁👄👁

~~~

THIRD POV:

It is now the winter season where everyone is staying at their homes.

The ground is filled with white soft but cold snow.

In the middle of the street filled snow was two little kids sitting on the ground with heavy blankets covering them.

It's been a year since our protagonist have been reborn as Daki, or Ume.

Little Daki was hiding under her big brother's blanket, covering herself under Gyuutaro to get more warmth.

While Gyuutaro hugs her, trying to keep her warm as much as possible so she won't freeze to death.

"Ume, we can ask other people if they will let you in their house for a few weeks if you want" He said while looking sadly at his sister who was still shivering.

She shook her head, "no Onii-Chan, if they will only let me in but not you then you'll freeze to death, if I'm here we can give each other our own warmth's from our body!" She said with a smile.

Gyuutaro teared up a little by hearing that, how can his little sister, who was just a year old be so kind?

He tightened his hug from his sister a bit more, but not enough to hurt her.

"Ume, you are truly kind.." he murmured, burying his head under his sister's shoulder.

She giggled, "it's called being considerate Onii-Chan! If you want to suffer, we will suffer together as siblings!"

"I'd prefer you not trying to suffer with me Ume, but yes. Onii-chan will be willing to take your sufferings for you if needed to."