⭐️ Headcanon || Guinea Conakry 🇬🇳 [updated]

- I have changed so much about her- |

- I really just wanted to post something in this book. I want to work on Somalia next, hopefully. |

Some notes I took while researching Guinea were:

1. She would be Muslim. I read that 85-90% of the country's population is Muslim so she would follow their religions. Though, hijabs are banned in Guinea so she wouldn't wear one. The country's region was really confusing but this is what I managed to find.

2. Bauxite is a huge ore in Guinea, and has about 35% of the worlds Bauxite reserves. I don't know how to really fit this in with her personality though I could make it her eye colour! Her eyes could be an bauxite colour which means it would look like a mixture of different colours because there's a lot there.

3. She would like the beach. Guinea has a 320 km long coast line, has a gulf called the "Gulf of Guinea," and iconic beaches so she would be interested in visiting the beach. Especially those in Cape Verga and beaches like Sobane beach and Bel Air Beach.

4. She supports Female Genital Mutilation and have probably gotten it in her life. 97% of the women in Guinea has gotten this surgery so I'd imagine she would have done it or support it despite being an international ban. Rule breaker, rule breaker.

5. She wouldn't be able to read/write, or be very limited in what she can read/write because only 27% of adults in her nation can read/write.

6. She would protect her country and feel somewhat proud about it. Out of the 94,926 sq mi of land, 33,793 sq mi is protected which is a good 1/3 of the nation so I'd imagine she'd protect her country and if she'd noticed somebody doing something wrong like cutting down a tree on protected land or mocking the animal she would definitely fight to keep it safe.

7. She would've had some relation with the Soviet Union. Guinea allianged itself with the Soviet Union and adopted the Socialist policies in 1958. Guinea moved towards the Chinese Moddel of socialism instead. The Government relied on the Soviet Union and China for infrastructure aids, so I'd assume she would have some connection with him (yeah I changed some things up about the Soviet Union. There's now two because I felt it made more sense, there's the Soviet Union who was more controlling of the communist countries in Europe and Africa, and Socialist Republic who was more controlling of Asia.) Though the United States still gave them investment so yeah, she'd have a relationship with both.

8. She would've gone through a phase where she hated France. Throughout the 1960's, the Guinean Government nationalized land, removed French-appointed and traditional chiefs from power before making ties with the French Government and French companies. This just says to me that she would have these few days in her life where she refused to speak to France and gain her independence back.

9. She wouldn't like Portugal all that much. The Portuguese Empire invaded Guinea in 1970. They wanted to kill or capture Touré because of his support for PAIGC, an independent movement and rebel group that had carried out attacks inside Portuguese Guinea from their bases in Guinea. They retreated after freeing several Portuguese prisoners of war that were being held in the PAIGC but didn't ousted Touré. Years after, the Touré Government carried out massive purges and 50 thousand people [1% of Guineas population at the time] were killed. Countless others were imprisoned and tortured, and often those who were foreigners were forced to leave the country after their Guinea spouses and their children were placed into state custody.

✎ Country Name| Republic of Guinea (French; République de Guinée)

✎ Country Nickname| Guinea + Guinea Conakry (so it isn't confused with Guinea-Bissau, Equatorial Guinea, or Papua New Guinea)  + "Travail, Justice, Solidarité." [Motto]