Much Ado

Melia sat at the head of the table reading well her family walks in the dinning room, Viola sat to the right next to Melia with baby Sam.

Viola busy herself as she put a white cloth napkin on her lap moving to put a bib on Samuel, Melia's book was snatched from her hand by her Uncle Eli as he made his way to his seat across his wife. He laid the book down on the table closed as food was being put in front of him.

"You could have told me to put it down." Melia says moving to put her napkin on her lap, her uncle didn't look her way when he talked.

"Like you listen to me." He said gruff as digged into his breakfast, Melia rolled her eyes before starting to pick at her food.

Melia shouldn't feel vex at her uncle comment, he is the last person who should be talking. She felt a nudge to her feet and looked at Viola, her aunt gave her a look before smiling going back to feed Sam.

"Mr. Roberts. There's are visitors here to see you." Eli finished his breakfast before he left the table with his glass in hand. Melia made a move to leave, before Viola grabbed her hand.

"I know your uncle can be much, but try to tred easy on him today. A dear friend of him passed, please don't take everything he says to heart." She says, before patting her hand and getting up herself with Sam in her arms. Melia watched as she leave before looking down at her book, Melia looked up when a sound of shattered glass came from the foyer.

Melia grabbed her book and hurried around the corner towards the sound, she saw her uncle looking outside.

"Uncle. Is everything's alright?" She asked standing a few feet away from him, the maids hurried in with a boom and dust pan.

"...yes. I'm fine." He said flabbergasted staring at the young man in front of him, Melia notice her uncle's hands shaking.

"Are you sure? Your hands-" She said worried.

"What did I say? Now run along, go do something useful and Viola with the baby." He snapped turning towards her with a scowled, Melia downcasted feeling stupid for even showing a bit of concern.

The young man tried to peak over Eli's shoulder to see Melia, but Eli moved blocking his way.

"NOW, Melia." He snapped again making Melia look at him and glare.

"As you wish uncle, we'll I'm up there do you want me to polish your shoes and bring you scotch." She said sarcastic, he turned to her with a glare making her get a small glimpse of the two men.

" I'm going to the garden." She spoke well walking away, as she walked to the back. She heard a soft laughter like velvet making her stop, she looked over her shoulder only to see her uncle blocking her view.

She turned back around heading towards the patio.

The sun was high in the sky as Melia walked out the back door to the patio, she stared out at the long and wide maze.

She dug in her skirt pocket for her cigarette case, and pulled out one and put it behind her ear. She walked to one of the table near the stairs and took a seat opening her book. She took the cigarette from behind her ear and held it between her fingers, as she flip the book opened and start reading.

She caressed her necklace as she reads, her mind going to her mother. She smiled softly thinking about her smile and remembering the way she laughed well they were back here.

"Why is it every time I come back here your reading." A voice whispered in in Melia's ear, Melia smirked slyly and looked at her friend.

"Hello, Elodie. How are you this fine morning?" Elodie smiled.