Live and Learn

I woke up first to find Sébastien snuggle in my neck with his arm thrown over my stomach, I looked at the time and it was 8 o'clock in the morning making me groan. I shift making him shift and turn to other side of the bed, I stretched sitting up and getting out of bed.

I walked out of my room closing the door behind myself quietly without waking Sébastien, I walked to my bathroom taking few minutes before leaving and going downstairs to the dinning room. Elijah sat at the table with the newspaper in his hands, I walked to end of the table facing him waiting for the maids.

"Morning, Uncle."

"Amelia." He says not looking up at me, I rolled my eyes before looking at the maid who walked up to me.

"Morning, Lady Amelia. What would you like to eat today?"

"Morning, uh I would like scramble eggs and french toast with a bit of honey. Uh...and get lord Sébastien two peice of toast with butter and jam on it and fried egg with pepper and salt. Thank you." I smiled at the maid as she bowed before leaving the room, I got up and grabbed an green apple about to leave when my uncle spoke up.

"Lord Sébastien is here?" I looked at him and nodded.

"Yeah, he visited this morning and stayed after our conversation."

"What about?" I shrugged taking a bite.

"He was asking if I would attend Gray's party with him, since he had no one to go with him." My uncle put down the paper and looked at me.

"I hope for your sake you said no." I rolled my eyes walking up close to him.

"Why would I say no its rude and we're going as friends."

"I know your are friends. Your aunt and everyone who works in this house knows you are friends. But the people out there..." he pointed outside the window.

"...see a soon to be married women arm to arm with a bachelor, and not her fiance." I scoffed.

"By people you mean your friends the same people you invite over to criticize me and your family."

"I'm trying to help you–"

"No, you trying to help yourself. You just  don't want to be center of embarrassment again." I said angry before stalking out of area and upstairs.

                                   ~•~

After spending the morning with Sébastien, we had breakfast in the patio and talked about tonight. The plan went as follow he was going to distract Dorian with guest and I was going to look around upstairs to find a suspension locked door, and use my bobby pin and try to unlock it.

"Are you sure you up for this Sébastien, I mean we can get into a lot of trouble just for one man." I asked walking down the hall with him.

"Yes, I'm sure." He said chuckling nervously as we wne to the drawing room to get his coat.

"That laugh don't sound sure." I looked at him.

"I'm sorry, I can't help it." He said shyly getting his coat from behind the couch.

"It's okay, as long as we follow the plan everything is going to be alright." I smiled at him making smile back me.

"Alright, I see you tonight..." he bend down pecking me on the cheek as the door to the drawing room opened.

I looked and see Peter looking shocked between me and Sébastien.

"Peter? What you doing here?" He looked at Sébastien up and down as he walked over to me.