As the World Caves In

I walked down the cobblestone street not knowing where I am, my head was spinning from everything that happened. I took my purse from under my arm and looked through it trying to find a cigarette and a lighter when I found Dorian's skeleton key, I couldn't stop the idea from popping into my head when all the pain Dorian caused me was still fresh in my mind.

I turned down a corner before looking up and noticing that I was on Dorian's street and his house was just a couple of steps away, I looked around running across the street and up to Dorian's door. I twisted the knob to find it unlock making me look behind me before walking into the dark house, it was eerily cold and quiet reminding me of a haunted house. I walked further into the house walking towards the stairs until I came to the steel barred door Dorian had kept away from everyone, I slide the key into the keyhole and unlocked it.

The walked in finding the wooden door unlocked making me look around, I coughed and covered my nose at the vile stench. I turned on the light looking around as everything was covered in dust, I heard raspy breathing making me turn towards the covered-up painting. It still had the sheet I threw over it the last time I was here, I walked up to it and threw the sheet off I couldn't help but move away from it and hunch over in the corner throwing up at the rotten stench that was coming from the painting.

I wiped my mouth when I notice a half-opened box on the floor, I leaned down moving the lid to find a mustard yellow scarf. I hesitate for a moment before picking it up and looking at it, I saw the red spot on its cleaned fabric before I unfold it to it was the amount of blood on it. I gasped dropping it back in the box taking a step back from it, I turned my head towards the painting...for a second it looked like it was smiling at me...I jumped turning around and seeing Harry walk through the door.

"Amelia? What are you doing here." He asked walking up to me but stopping to see the portrait. The thing's rasp breathing sounded like hisses when he saw Harry.

"What the bloody hell is that thing." He asked frightened slowly walking up beside me.

"It's Dorian's portrait." He looked at me before shaking his head and going to get a closer look.

"No, it can't be..." I stare at him as he looked at the painting.

"Did you know the painter?" I asked as he nodded.

"Basil Hallward. He was my friend." He said softly stepping back from the painting, I wanted to know what happened to him when another voice came from the doorway.

"You are not supposed to be up here

"You are not supposed to be up here." We turned to see Dorian leaning against the door with peaks of blood on his white shirt.

"Who blood is that?"

"Mines. Your husband parting gift before he ran off trying to find you." He says getting off the threshold and slowly taking a step towards us, Harry moved me behind him as he took a pistol from his pocket pointing it directing at Dorian.