016- The End

Those boys have given me the true meaning of friendship that I will never forget.
-
From what I had heard Vern got married out of high school, had four kids and is now the forklift operator at the Arsenault Lumber Yard.

Teddy had tried to get into the Army, but his eyes and his ear kept him out. Last I'd heard he'd spent some time in jail and was now doing odd jobs around Castle Rock.

Gordie had moved away and married with kids. He did become a writer and I was super proud of him. I just know Chris would have been too.

Chris and I did eventually get married. We had a kid, her name is Isabel. Chris had continued on in the college courses with Gordie and I, even when it was hard he stuck it out and there were many late nights together while I helped him. After college he eventually became a lawyer. I'm sure many people have heard about it in the newspaper. It happened last week, he entered a fast-food restaurant. Just ahead of him, two men got into an argument. One of them pulled a knife. Chris, who'd always made the best peace and had the kindest heart, tried to break it up. He was stabbed in the throat. He died almost instantly. I'm so heartbroken and upset especially because our daughter will never fully know her father and how amazing he was.

I haven't seen any of them in years but I know I will never have friends like the ones I had at 13.

THE END.