Chapter 8

Alexander's POV

It is now July, and Xavier and I have had sex several times. Today, we are meeting up at a park and having a picnic lunch. I get dressed in a plaid shirt and blue jeans. I drive to the park and smile as I see Xavier sitting on the picnic blanket.

As I get close to him, he stands up and smiles. I kiss him sweetly and wrap my arms around his waist. He kisses me back sweetly and wraps his arms around my neck.

We have lunch and then walk around the park. Xavier comes to a stop by the lake. He looks nervous about something.

Alexander. Hey. What's wrong? Did something happen?

Xavier. No. Nothing's wrong. I just... I was wondering if..... If maybe... Maybe... If you wanted to start a family?

Alexander smiles. "Of course. But why do you ask? We're not married and we don't have jobs.

I give him two pieces of paper and he takes them. "I got a job as a tutor, and I went to the doctor and she said that I am two months pregnant."

Alexander. "First, that's great that you got a job, but how are you pregnant? You're a male. Males can't get pregnant."

I just shrug and take the papers back, tucking them in my back pocket. "The doctor said that I apparently had inactive female reproductive parts and that I got a penis as well."

Alexander. "Well, however it happened, I'm glad it did. And I have a surprise for you as well."

He goes down on one knee, producing a blue velvet box that had a gold band inside. I started to tear up, knowing what was happening.

Alexander. "I love you so much. I love this child so much, even though I only just found out. I can't wait to meet this little one. I want to be with you for the rest of my life. Will you marry me?

I have tears down my face and I nod. "Yes. Yes, I will marry you."

He stands up, slides the ring on my left ring finger, and we kiss sweetly. He calls our parents and tells them about the pregnancy and our engagement.