Chapter 10

Alexander's POV

5 weeks later

I'm on my way to see our baby girl. I always visit her during the afternoon. Xavier and I decided to switch off. He would go in the morning, evening, and night whenever he had to feed our daughter and I would go in the afternoon.

I stop at a red light, and when the light turns green, I go and a person from my left comes speeding towards me. Unfortunately, I am not able to escape and I am hit from the side. The car flips, and I black out from hitting my head.

Several hours later, I wake up and find myself in a hospital bed. I look over and see Xavier next to me.

I smile and hold his hand. "Hey. How are you? How is Stella?"

Xavier smiles and holds my hand as well. "I'm fine, and so is Stella. I pumped and gave the milk to the nurse so that Stella could be fed. How are you doing? The doctor said that you hit your head and that you have to stay on bed rest for a couple of weeks."

"That's great, and I'm fine. Any news on her weight?"

Xavier. "The doctor said that she is 11 pounds and 8 ounces. She also said that tomorrow, we can bring the car seat with us and do a car seat test, and if Stella stays up and doesn't have any problems, then we can take her home. And she also will be able to be breastfed."

I sit up carefully and smile. "That's wonderful. I'm so glad she is doing well. I love her so much and I love you so much."

Xavier. "So am I. I love you and Stella so much."

We kiss sweetly and relax in the room while we wait for the doctor. Around lunchtime, the doctor comes in and gives us the clear to leave. Xavier pumps breast milk and then gives it to the nurse to feed our daughter and then Xavier and I leave the hospital and go home. I set up the car seat in the back seat of the car on the passenger side, and then we have lunch and then dinner and then we go to sleep.