Chapter one

To all of us Katie seemed like she grew up in a perfect family. Neither one of her parents touched drugs growing up, only alcohol. They lived in the biggest house in town. Her dad Tate was a lawyer and her mom Jenny was Gynecologist. They had a lot of money. Katie was born first and after two minuets her twin brother Keegan was born, then came the next set of twins Taylor and Trey. Two sets of twins, two girls and two boys. One big happy family, or so we all thought anyways. Trouble in paradise was happening for Katie as we speak.

"Let's just go to the corner store. We can get some soda and figure out what to do from there." Tanner said looking at Timmy and I. We agreed. I hopped on my skateboard and starting riding down the hill. Everyone in the friend group thought Julius and I were weird. We skateboarded, went to a lot of party's, and started doing drugs. We weren't proud of the last one, but it is what it is.

We arrived at the corner store and I ollied up the curb. I felt the board slap back down on the asphalt and Tanner and Timmy met me at the door. We all walked in together and back to fridges. I grabbed a Dr. Pepper and walked back over to the other two. We walked up to the counter and kid I had seen before started ringing us up.

"Hey, you listen to him?" The kid ringing us up asked as he pointed at my hoodie. I looked down not knowing what hoodie I was wearing today. It was my Pop Smoke hoodie.

"Hell yeah, I love Pop." I replied back. The kid just smile.

"I saw you skateboarding out there, I see you go past every once in awhile, that's sick you do that. I could never." He said.

"It's not that hard. I've been doing it since I was about 12, it was a good way to get to all of my friends houses without having to ask my parents."

"I dig it. Okay guys, that's gonna be $4.45." I pulled a five dollar bill out of my shorts and handed it to him.

"Just keep the change. I don't want coins bouncing around in my pockets." Truth is I hated it. I hated the sound of change in my pockets period.

"Okay, so where are we supposed to go to find weed?" Timmy asked.

"We could always go to Randy's." Tanner added.

"I'm not going there, not after what happened the last time." I replied back.

"Wait, did you guys say you were looking for bud?" The kid across the counter asked us.

"Yeah possibly, what are you a fed?" I asked.

"No, and I know you're not either. You're in my home room."

"I am? You look a lot older than a freshman, what happened to you?" I asked back.

"Story for a different time. Anyways, follow me." He replied back. He came out from behind the counter and I followed behind him. He took us into the coolers to a room where maybe a 10 year old was sitting.

"What can I get you guys?" The kid asked. I looked at Tanner and Timmy and back at the kid.

"Can we get an eighth?" I asked.

"Of course." The kid said turning around and digging in a box.

"So are we gonna split it three ways or what are we doing?" I asked.

"We can't split it three ways." Tanner replied back.

"Yeah we can, I get a G, you get a G, and Timmy gets a G."

"There's half a G. Who gets that then?"

"Tanner, I'll take it. And then bring it to Julius's or something."

"Well if you're taking it, then you need to pay more than me and Timmy."

"Why does it matter that much. How much is an eight here?" I asked.

"$30." The kid answered back.

"So Tanner, you're telling me that I need to pay $15, somebody needs to pay $10, and somebody needs to pay $5? How is that fair?" I looked down and saw the kid weighing it all out.

"That's perfectly fair." Tanner replied back.

"You know what kid. Bag the shit up. I'll take it and the other two assholes are on their own. I'm done." I pulled $30 out of my pocket and set it down on his desk. He handed me the bag and I shoved it in my pocket.

"Pleasure doing business with you guys." I said waving to the kid that was working the counter and the kid that gave me the drugs. I picked my board up off the floor and looked and Tanner.

"Fuck you. Go eat a dick." I hatefully said and walked out of the freezer. I opened the door to lead me outside and started skating towards Julius's house.

Little did Katie know, her "friend" Tanner was a backstabber petty little bitch. He was about to spill everything to guy who worked at the corner store, Fezco.

"See the problem is, she doesn't just smoke weed. She does pills and shit too. She said for a long time that she didn't, until I was in her room one day digging for an extra phone charger and found her stash in shoebox at the top of her closet." Tanner said to the guy he now knows as Fezco. A conversation went on for little bit and Tanner and Timmy left the corner store. Tanner soon pulled his phone out of his pocket. He dialed a number and stuck his phone up to his ear.

"Hi, I would like to anonymously report illegal drug use and distribution of an illegal substance." He said into the phone. He went silent.

"I know where they are now. They are out of a house on 421 South Walton Street."

"Thank you, I hate seeing stuff like this happen in our town. It's a shame, it wasn't like this when I was growing up here. I don't want my kids to get involved in this when they are older." Tanner said back into the phone. He hung the phone up and him and Timmy walked back towards Randy's house.