Chapter Three

Katie was thinking back to better times. Times when her family could all get along and not be complete bitches to each other. Back when times were good.

I was in Julius's room waiting to get questioned. The house was clear of all illegal substances other than the liquor cabinet in the kitchen that belonged to Julius's mom. Sure, some of the stuff in there was ours, but since he still lived with his mom it could but wrote off as hers.

"Katie, they would like to see you downstairs now." An officer said standing in Julius's wrecked room that I was working on cleaning up. I walked downstairs and passed Julius on the steps. He had wide eyes. I was following the cop down the stairs. He mouthed the words "condom under bed" to me. I looked at him confused and sat down on the chair that was sitting across the coffee table with the couch on the other side.

"Hi Katie. I'm just here to ask some questions about what's going on. You guys are clear and the house is clear, but since there was reasonable suspicion, I do have to ask some questions. They are not incriminating in any way unless what was going on was illegal. The story from Julius was not illegal, but we want to hear your side as well."

"Do I need a lawyer? If I do, I want to wait for my dad to get here. I'm not speaking if I need a lawyer."

"You don't need a lawyer. Your mother and father are both outside if you would like your father to come in, he can, but after these statements the investigation will be closed."

"Okay, I'll just start without my dad then because we weren't doing anything illegal."

"Okay sounds good. So, what were you doing before you came here?"

"I was hanging out with my friends Tanner and Timmy. There was fight between us because I wanted to skateboard and they don't skateboard. They wanted to play video games with their friend Randy. Some hurtful things were said. This is my safe place away from my house, so I came here to talk to Julius."

"Okay and then after the fight, you came here?"

"Correct"

"Okay and after you got here, what happened then."

"Well I just typed the code into the door and walked in. I've been coming over here since I was 10 years old, so I just walked in and came upstairs to Julius's room."

"And what did you guys do up there?"

"Well we started talking for a while and one thing led to another and we started kissing."

"Did you guys partake in any sexual activities or just kiss?"

"Well we started to and then you guys showed up."

"Okay, from what Julius has said you guys are very close, is this something that happens often?" I froze, I didn't know what to say.

Truth is when Katie and Julius were 14 they made a pact, if by the time they were 15 they hadn't lost their virginity, they would lose it to each other and that's exactly what they did. After that they would fuck occasionally, but it wasn't really anything serious.

"We do sometimes, but not very often. Maybe once every four months."

"Okay and was there a condom of any kind used? We did not find one during the search."

"Yeah we panicked when you guys got here and I think he ripped it off and kicked it under the bed."

"Okay that's all we need to know. Thank you for your cooperation. Like I said your parents are outside and so are Julius's. So, you can leave whenever you're ready. After you leave, we'll clear it for his parents to come in." The cop got up and walked up to the kitchen. I walked up both sets of stairs and walked into Julius's room. He gave me another hug and a cop walked in the room. Julius pulled away and looked at me. He grabbed the side of my face and pulled me in for a kiss. We kissed and I walked out the door and back downstairs. I walked out of the front door and was met by Julius's mom in the driveway. She pulled me in for a big hug.

"Are you okay sweetheart?" She asked.

"Yeah, I'm okay. It was scary, that's all." I replied back. She let me go and I walked to my moms Escalade and got in the back. She put the car in drive and took off.

"When we get home, you're taking a drug test. There's no way you could have those claims on you and not be doing drugs. By god Katie if you're doing drugs you're out. You're gone. This is not going to ruin this family.

"Mom we weren't doing drugs."

"Then what we're you doing?"

"Not drugs, that's what."

"So if you weren't doing drugs, then what we're you doing? If you were doing something else then first thing Monday morning you're coming into the office with me for an exam."

"We were just talking"

"I don't believe it."

For once she wasn't lying to her parents. They were just talking. They weren't having sex or doing any type of drugs, they were just talking. The rest of the car ride home was silent. Katie's dad who normally defends her on these things wouldn't even look at her and say a word to her mom. Shit was about to go down.