Chapter 14

Katie didn't know what to do. She didn't know if she wanted to apologize to Fez or what she wanted to do. Julius felt guilty about the situation and so did I.

I started getting dressed back into Julius's clothes. I laid back down next to him and started crying.

"Julius I don't know what to fucking do. I love him, I really do. I've never felt this way about anyone."

"Bro, you gotta tell him them."

"I tried to, he wouldn't even touch me. He wouldn't have sex with me, he wouldn't do anything."

"Katie, I just had sex with you. I know you're on Molly, and I know how you get when you're on Molly. That's the only reason I even did it. If I wouldn't of given it to you then you would've been trying to find someone who would."

"Are you calling me a whore?"

"No, I'm not calling you a whore sweetheart. It's just-I know how you are. You would've done anything you could to make you feel good in the moment. I don't want you to catch STD's or get pregnant or anything."

"I can't talk to him. He wants nothing to do with me."

"Katie, you're going to have to talk to him at some point. You'll see him around and have to."

"No I won't. I'm not talking to him ever again. He's right, it's always just an argument. No matter what I do or what I try to do, all I do is argue. I'm not good enough and that's just how it is."

"Don't say that."

"No Julius, shut the fuck up. I do drugs one time. Once since I've gotten clean. Just drugs to give me the courage to be able to do what I wanted with him. I didn't do coke I didn't do anything else. Just something to give me a little extra push and he can't hack that. He can't hack it at all. I'm not good enough for him, I never will be. I'm so mentally fucked up, it's not even funny."

"Katie listen to me now. I never wanna hear those words come out of your mouth. I know you better than anybody on this shitty planet. I know you better than your parents, your siblings, and especially Fez. I always will. You are good enough, and if you aren't good enough for anyone else, you're good enough for me."

"Julius I want to go home." I said standing up and putting my shoes on.

"At least let me walk or skate with you. It's 3 in the morning. You don't need to be walking alone."

"Okay, whatever." I said picking up my skateboard. Julius fumbled around and put his clothes back on and grabbed his board. He skated with me back to my house. He waited until I got upstairs and waved out of my window at him. I saw him wave back and he skated away.

Julius wasn't done there though. He wanted to understand what had happened to Katie. He didn't know the full story and it was pissing him off. He ended up skating around town until the corner store he skated down there.

Julius walked into the corner store looking for Fez, but he only saw Ashtray.

"Hey Ash, where's Fez. I need to talk to him."

"He's in the back." Ash said pointing at the freezer door. Julius walked back into the room.

"What do you need?" Fez asked not realizing it was Julius.

"Fez I need to talk about whatever happened between you and Katie last night." Fez looked at me wide eyed and motioned for Julius to sit down across from him.

"I don't know what you want me to tell you." Fez told Julius.

"Well when my best friend of however many years comes storming into my house sobbing and crying over somebody and won't talk about it. That's when shit starts to go down, all she explained to me was you wouldn't even touch her and she's not good enough for you and this that and the other. So what happened?" Julius asked.

"Did you fuck her?"

"No Fez, now answer my damn question."

"No, you listen to me. You wanna fight or whatever we can fight, but did you stick your dick inside of her?" Fez asked.

Julius could lie straight through his teeth. He had a history of having to lie to even be able to stay into his house. He was a good at lying and if there was a ever a job where he could make money lying, he would.

"No Fez, I did not fuck her." Julius said looking Fez dead in the eyes.

"I can't tell if you're lying or not, you always look the same, same expression and everything. If you did, I can't blame you. Katie's hot, and she was on Molly. It doesn't matter anyways, if you guys did or didn't fuck. We broke up."

"We? Was it mutual or was it all you?"

"Well I mean she relapsed. Julius you're friends with her, for someone who will cower down to someone raising their voice at her, she sure loves conflict. That's all she ever wanted to do was argue. It didn't matter what I did, it was always an argument."

"She's fucked up and has been for years. She found drugs, they were the only thing that could calm her down. She lives in a perfect family where depression doesn't exists and she's just sad about nothing. Drugs is what she turned to. I know her better than anybody does or ever will. You're right, she is very argumentative. She wasn't always like that. She quit doing drugs and now she has nothing to calm her down from the real world. I've had a fucked life too. A dead dad and a continuous stream of wanna be stepdads who have kicked me out of my own house. The only person keeping me sane is Katie. I would be argumentative to though if all my mom ever did was yell at me and act the way her mom does for 14 years. And then I would discover drugs and realize how much my life had changed and it got me out of the head state I was in and then I quit cold turkey and didn't have that balance in my life. I would want to argue too." Julius said forming tears in his eyes. He got up and started to walk out.

"Julius stop." Julius turned around and looked at Fez.

"I'm willing to give her another chance, just not right now. She has shit to figure out in her brain mentally. She has to figure that out with you or on her own."

"Out of everybody in the world, I've seen her love you more than anybody. Katie's not an affectionate person and you should know that, but she always was with you. She loves you man. Out of anybody that needs to be there for her right now, it's you. You need to be there for her."

That conversation went on for awhile until Julius got frustrating. Fez was sticking to his words and his ways and not taking anything Julius said into consideration at all. But hey, that's how life works sometimes.