Chapter Eight

A year and couple months had gone by and Katie still lived with Fez. She was a great match for a roommate and they had a lot in common with each other. She still hung out with Julius a couple times every week and would see Trey every chance he could sneak out and meet her somewhere to talk to her. Today would be the change for everything though. Mouse was coming over today for a surprise drop and nobody knew.

I woke up and looked over at the clock. It was noon. I was supposed to hang out with Julius today and be at his house at 11. I looked down at my phone and saw a bunch of missed calls and texts from Julius. I hurried up and got dressed and walked into the kitchen.

"You want breakfast?" Ash asked me as he was piling eggs on a plate.

"Nah Ash I'm good thank you though."

"Suit yourself." I heard Fez's phone buzzing and I looked over at him on the couch. He came running over to the phone. He read his phone real quick and grabbed my shoulders.

"Katie, sit on the couch and do not say a word when these guys mget in here. Do you understand me?" Fez asked raising his voice at me which made we jump a little bit. I fought back tears.

"Okay."

"Ash let them in, they weren't supposed to come today." I did was Fez told me and I sat on the couch and stayed quiet. They were going a drug drop and k recognized the guy doing it. I used to buy shit off of him before I moved in with Fez. His names Mouse.

"Are you sure you don't want Fentanyl?" Mouse asked Fez.

"Nah man, too many OD's off that shit." Fez replied back.

"How about you, do you want any?" Mouse asked sitting next to me. I looked up at him and saw his eyes change. Fez moved over and sat on the couch across from me.

"Wait, I know you. You used to buy shit off of me little girl. What Fez, is this your bitch now?" Mouse asked.

"Nah."

"So do you want to try it?" Mouse asked getting really close to my face.

"No, she doesn't." Fez spoke up.

"Are you just gonna let your boyfriend talk for you? I know you have a voice."

"No I'm good on that. I don't want it." I replied back to Mouse.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah she's sure, I don't want her fucking with that shit. Forreal man." Fez piped in.

"Tell your boyfriend not to speak for you, you can make your own decisions." Mouse said pushing my hair behind my ear. He pulled out his knife and got some Fentanyl on the end of it. He shoved it in my face.

"Are you sure you don't want to try it?" I looked at Fez who was shaking his head no. Mouse wasn't going to shut up unless Fez got in the situation and I didn't want Fez in the situation. I stuck the knife in my mouth and got it on my tongue. The next thing I knew I was falling over on the couch. I could see Fez blur as I looked at him. Finally I closed my eyes and fell asleep.

I woke up at some point to see Fez sitting right in front of me watching TV. He looked up and looked me in the eyes.

"Hey you were out for awhile. Are you okay?" Fez asked me. Truth is I was still loopy. I was seeing three of Fez and I didn't know what to do.

"Hey, Katie, are you okay?" Fez asked waving a hand in front of my face. I yawned and tried to figure out which Fez I was looking at was the real one. I finally picked the one all the way to the left and looked at it.

"Fez I think-"

"You think what? Do I need to get something? Are you okay?"

"Fez let me finish."

"Okay Katie, go ahead."

"I think I love you."

"Awe kid, I love you too."

"No Fez, I think I love you, love you." He widened his eyes. I rolled over to where I was facing the back of the couch and fell back asleep. I woke up and the mattress I was laying on did not feel like mine. I looked up in the air and around the room. I realized I was in Fez's bed with no Fez. I got up and walked into the hallway to go to the bathroom.

"Hey, we need to talk." I heard Fez say. I turned my head to the left and saw he was giving grandma a bath.

"Okay what about?" I asked as I walked into grandmas room and pulled up a chair across him.

"Listen you said something last night when you finally woke up that concerned me a little bit. In like a good way though."

"What did I say?" I asked pretending I didn't remember. Truth is I remembered more about what I said than I wanted to.

"You said that you loved me. Like love me love me. Is that true?" I couldn't lie. I couldn't just pretend like I said that in the moment not expecting to be confronted with that. Act cool Katie, act cool.

"Yeah, I may or may not like you like that. It's kinda weird I know, I just feel like we have a connection."

"I feel the same way. One of us was bound to say it, I always thought it was gonna be me to say it first though."

"Well I beat you to it I guess." I said grinning. Fez started laughing.

"So what does that make us?" Fez asked.

"Whatever you want this to be."

That conversation would be the beginning of something great...... at first anyways.