Chapter 5

Yuki POV

After school we headed to the gym to see the boys basketball team practicing and going through drills.

"Gaara! Glad you could make it!" Jason called out.

"Hey Yuki. Are you his escort?" He chuckled.

"Something like that." I replied.

"Why don't I explain to you the rules and then we can see how good you are at actually playing." Jason explained tossing a ball over to Gaara.

-Time skip-

"Come back on Wednesday and we can see if you are good enough for the team." Jason said as we left the gym.

"I didn't know he was the captain." Gaara mentioned.

"Yeah. He's the star of the court and the school. He also gets asked out a lot." I chuckled.

"Have you?" Gaara suddenly asked.

"HUH!? Of course not! What even gave you that idea! I could never!" I gasped in shock.

"What is for dinner today?" He asked changing the topic.

"Hmmm. I could make some spring rolls. They're my absolute favorite thing to eat besides fries of course. It's really easy to make so I'll make a bunch and we can even have some for breakfast." I explained as we walked home.

" I'm excited to try them." He replied.

- Time skip to Wednesday-

It was after school and as agreed we had met with Jason and his team so Gaara could try out for the Basketball team.

"Gaara! Glad you could make it man!" Jason chirped happily as he walked over to us.

"I'm glad to also be here Jason-kun." Gaara said with a slight bow.

"No need to be so formal man. Like I said yesterday we are friends now!" Jason said wrapping an arm around Gaara's neck.

Yesterday Jason had ate with us during lunch and we walked to the bus stop together. His house was close to the school so he could walk but since it was the same direction of the bus stop we all walked together.

" Hey Lucky! I hope I'm not disturbing you and your boyfriend I did kinda intrude yesterday." He chuckled facing me.

"B-B-B-Boyfriend!? It's not like that! I swear!" I stammered as my face went hot.

"Lucky?" Gaara asked puzzled.

"I guess I never told you. I know a bit of Japanese. My grandpa used to live in Japan and Yuki can translate to Snow or Luck. But I'm guessing you already knew that." He explained with a proud chuckle.

"I didn't know you knew anything advanced like that." I smirked.

"Hey! I've got more in my head than just basketball you know!" He protested.

"Oi Jason we got practice!" We heard the coach call as he blew his whistle.

-Time skip-

"How are you not tired man?" One of the basketball players asked Gaara as they began to pack up.

"I did a lot of body building back home so I have pretty good stamina." He explained.

" That's perfect! You might just be the next star player then!" Jason laughed.

"I'm still a rookie I don't think I could beat you just quite yet." Gaara replied.

"Don't doubt yourself so much. This is only your second day and you've done great squirt." The coach said patting him on the shoulder.

I watched from the top bleachers with a small smile doing a few homework assignments to pass the time. School ends at 2pm and it was 4:30pm.

"Hey Lucky we're ready to go!" Jason called beside Gaara as he waved me over.

I quickly picked up my things and walked down so we leave together.

"Sorry if this might sound rude but is there a reason In particular you two live together since your not dating." Jason asked as we exited the gymnasium.

Me and Gaara paused for a moment silently looking at each other.

"Well with Gaara being a transfer and all I volunteered to house him." I lied quickly.

"That's really cool of you lucky." He chuckled biting into the lie.

"Well now that you are officially part of the boy's basketball team I'll give you our team schedule and uniform during first period tomorrow." Jason said turning to Gaara as we stopped at the bus station.

" Ok. See you tomorrow." Gaara said as he once again bowed slightly.