Chapter Thirteen

I pushed open the front door smiling a little brighter than usual. It was the one day Dad had let me walk home alone, well with Max that was. I thought he would be waiting at the door. After the whole even at Gamer's he'd barely let me out of his sight. It was dark though, dark and quiet. I called out into the silence letting my Dad know I was home but there was no response.

"Hey Dad," I called out. "I'm home."

No answer but a slicing silence was returned. This was all far to horror movie for my liking. I put my bag on the floor and removed my hat. Slowly and cautiously I began making my way through the house.

"Dad?" I called quietly. "Dad are you here?" Still no answer came. A shiver ran down my spine. Something was definitely wrong. I grabbed the closest thing that could pass for a weapon. A hat and coat pole that was near the door.

"Dad!" I called a little louder "Anyone? Is anyone here?"

A muffled voice came from the living room. I couldn't make out what or who it was but it was something and I had to find out. Mustering up my courage I ran straight into the living. The pole at the ready just in case.

"Dad!" I squealed.

He was tied to a chair. His mouth taped up. His eyes were wide with, well wide with what I don't know. What I did know is that I had to get him out of there. I rushed forward dropping the pole and began the attempt at untying him. He started shouting again his voice muffled once more. He shook his head as if to tell me to stop but it was already too late.

I screamed as an electric pulse shot through me and my body jerked into a seizure of some kind. I collapsed to the floor my face fallen into the carpet. My blood was boiling. My dad let out a muffled shout and tried to shuffle forward.

"She's not dead." A voice spoke clearly.

I forced myself to look up. I was introduced to yet another super. A black costume that covered him from head to foot. His mask was black and covered his whole face through yellow shocks focused around his eye slits. His shoulders were broad and with his standing over me I felt the urge to curl into a ball. Instead I forced myself to stand.

"High Voltage," I hissed.

He titled his chin upwards as if clarifying his strength and I watched as electricity sparked from his fingertips.

"What do you want from me?" I asked. "What have I done to anger you? Let my Dad go."

"It's you I'm after," he growled.

In a second every electrical appliance in the house exploded into sparks. In all the confusion he grabbed both my wrists pulled them behind me and yanked me out of the house. I wasn't going to go down without a fight. I kicked and screamed and bit and fought but it became useless when every time I fought him he shot me with an electric spark. It got worse each time the current becoming stronger and my body going limp for minutes following.

"Let me go!" I yelled. "What have I got to do with anything?"

"This isn't about you," he hissed.

"What are you talking about? You're nuts. You're just a kid. Let me go! You're an attention seeker. You're nothing without your power. Let me go you maniac."

With another grand electric bolt my consciousness had faded.

My head was killing me. I groaned as I began to come too. What the hell happened? My eyes began to flutter open. My vision was blurred but I tried to focus. I looked up to find a stupid idiot staring down on me. Everything came back to me. My dad, the kidnapping, the electric shocks, everything.