Chapter Six

Sleeping had been hard for a while. Nightmares constantly plagued my dreams and I found myself shifting and turning in my bed. It happened again and again the dream repeating itself and torturing me in my sleep. I couldn’t wake up. I kept screaming but I couldn’t wake up. Then finally I jolted into reality and tumbled off my bed landing hard on the wooden floor.

“Crap,” I moaned rubbing my head.

My breathing was hard and my heart still raced from my nightmare. I got another knock on the head as my games console slid off my bed and landed on the floor after bouncing on my skull. My hair was a mess and I was covered in a cold sweat. Wiping away the drool that had gathered around my mouth in my sleep I struggled to my feet. A draft came from the window causing me to hug my own arms. I wandered over to my window taking in a breath of the cold night air. I shut feeling uneasy. As I slid down the window I noticed something tapped to the inside. A note along with my mobile phone. I pulled it off and read the note muttering under my breath.

                “You left this last night after rudely storming off. Your dis-acquaintance. The R.”

I found myself scowling down at the note. I snatched up my phone and felt the need to check it.

                “No need to look so eternally grateful.”

The voice made me jump and spinning around on my heels I came face to face with The freaking R. Thanks to the shock a scream began to escape my lips but before it could a hand was clamped over my mouth.

“Shut up,” The R hissed. “You’ll wake up the entire neighbourhood and there will be reporters here in a heartbeat.”

“Which is exactly what you want,” I hissed. “Go find some other publicity stunt. I’m not playing your damsel.”

“I wouldn’t want you to,” he scoffed. “I’d much rather a more sociable blond.”

“Get out of my house,” I snapped, “or I’ll call the police.”

The R laughed running his hands through his hair and smiling a lopsided grin. I soon figured out the flaw to my plan but I chose not to acknowledge my mistake.

                “You’ve returned my phone now leave,” I told him.

                “I want a thank you first,” he said.

                “Thank you,” I spat. “Now leave.”

                “Didn’t sound like you meant it,” he taunted.

I reached forward and attempted to punch him but to my dismay in an instant he grabbed my hand and stopped me.

“The R stands for Reflex.” He glared.

“Ow.” I groaned pulling my hand away.