( ~Lover~ )

Warning for angst, cheating, suicide attempt, intrusive thoughts, suicidal thoughts, mild illusions to hallucinations and pills.

Cheong-san sees Su-hyeok with someone else, and he desperately tries to not break down.

—————

Cheong-san sighs, Su-hyeok had come home late again, saying that he had extra work to do. He knows that's not true, as Su-hyeok never took on any extra work because he wanted to spend every moment he had with Cheong -san, and if he did have to, he would tell Cheong-san immediately.

He leans over the table and looks at the photo frame that stood upon the cabinet, along with their other photos.

He stands up and walks over to it and picks it up. It was a picture of their 5th anniversary, his brain going over theories as to why he lied about the extra work.

Maybe he's gonna surprise me with something. But what if he's not? What else would he do? ...You know what I'm referring to too.

He knows deep down that there is only one answer — Su-hyeok is cheating on him. He knows that Su-hyeok rarely spends money on material items or surprise gifts, so he asked him one time why, and Su-hyeok answered "I 'm saving up so you can have your dream wedding." That alone moved him to tears.

He looks up, determined, figuring out what he should do. He takes his wallet, phone, and keys, then makes his way to his car.

He decides to go to the cafe near Su-hyeok's work to pick up coffee. He parks the car and walks into the cafe. He pauses when he enters. Su-hyeok is sitting at theirs ( theirs, ours, yours and mine. When did it become yours and hers? ) table with a girl, laughing and flirting with her.

One of the employees walked over to him, the employee's face showing pity. They frequented this cafe a lot so they knew most of the employees working there. All of them knew of their relationship.

"Do you want to get your regular? Everyone settled that it's free." They whispered to him. He nods me, mind blank. The employee leads him over to a secluded table in the corner and goes back behind the counter

He sat there for a few minutes, mind going over what he had just seen. Dazedly, he opens his phone and looks at his screen. It was a picture of him and Su-hyeok on their first anniversary. He feels a tear slide down his face, opening up contacts, and finding the number saved as "On-jo😒'' he calls her immediately.

"Cheong-san? Why did you-" he cuts her off with a sniffle, "Yah! Yah! What happened?!" She asks worriedly. "Can-can you come to the cafe?" He whispers. Silence was heard for a while before the rustling started.

"I'll meet you there." And she ends the call. A soft thud makes him look up. It was the employee from before, they hand him his coffee and leave him alone.

He risks a glance at their table and feels a sob trying to rip out of his mouth. Su-hyeok kisses the girl takes her hand up to his mouth and seems to whisper words to her. He bites his hand in an attempt to muffle the sobs coming out.

He lays his head down on the table, before feeling a soft pat on his back. It was another employee, they solemnly offered him some ice cream.

He bowed to them and shoves some ice cream in his mouth, desperately trying to distract himself. The door opens and he watches as On-jo scans the cafe and stalls at the scene of Su-hyeok and the girl. He makes eye contact with her, willing her to not storm the table. Then the door opened again and there were I-sak and Gyeong-su. He stood up immediately, trying to warn them, but it was too late.