1906

Two years had passed since Tommy and Aurora's last encounter, physically at least. The distance didn't stop the two from communicating.

Through writing letters back and forward, Aurora's English had greatly improved and she was now able to hold a stable conversation in English. Her words were still heavy under her thick French accent, but that was something that would never go away.

Much like Aurora, Tommy in secret had been learning her native language.  With the help of an elderly couple who had moved from France to Small Heath in their youth, he was taught to read and write in exchange for his family's protection. It was the start of his Peaky Blinders endeavor.

Unbeknownst to Tommy knowing the language would help him save many lives shortly.

*

At the age of sixteen, Tommy was the most sought-after bachelor in Small Heath. He was the one the girls fawned over. The combination of his dark hair and icy blue eyes couldn't be competed with. Not that Tommy ever paid attention to them. He had more important things on his mind.

 The girls fought hard and valiant for even a second of his time, and it infuriated them when he would barely glance their way. 

It was known from a young age that Tommy was ambitious, always wanting more.

 When he wasn't writing to his friend across the water, he turned his full intention into making the family business grow. It had been a dream of his to set up a betting shop. To no longer have to worry about where the next coin came from. 

*

"Tommy!!" Arthur yelled, his piercing voice traveling through the quiet house.

Standing up he climbed down the stairs, each step creaking under his weight. 

"What is it?" he sighed, taking a drag out of a cigarette, smoke wafting around the room.

"Another letter from your 'friend'" he gruffed out sarcastically. Rolling his eyes, he grabbed the letter stuffing it into his chest pocket. "So you can read French now?" 

"None of your business" was his only reply, turning on his heel he made his way back to his room. It was a letter he had been waiting for.

Perched on the roof, he smoked his last cigarette. Smiling happily it was the news he had wished for... Aurora was coming to England. Now all he had to do was wait...

*

"Trés bien!" Robert announced in excitement, that his daughter, his beautiful, smart daughter had completed her very first wolfbane potion. A potion he had fought long and hard to create. It was time for half-breeds to be able to live their lives without feeling ashamed to do it. 

"Thanks, papa! Do you think people will appreciate it?" she asked innocently. "Ouí, mon beau papillon" 

In a few days, the potion would be hitting his stores all around the wizarding world. He was excited to help change the lives of the misunderstood. 

Smiling down softly, he poured the remaining potion steadily into separate bottles, ready for shipping.

"Let's go get your mama, Shall we? tell her the good news..." he asked sweetly, picking her up he twirled her around. The halls echoed with her joyful laughter, it was a beautiful sound. 

Now at eight years old, Aurora's looks grew softer and more delicate, her hair shined falling into perfect ringlets. Her angelic looks caught the attention of everyone she passed, rumors spread about her being touched by the heavens above. The gods were told to favor her.