Season 1 episode 2

"Good of you to join us" Pol drawled out over the morning paper, taking a quick glance up at her only niece. "Where have you been all day?"

"In bed" Ada replied, slouching into a seat beside Aurora who was happily cooing down at her daughter.

"Couldn't sleep. Then I couldn't wake up. Then I was cold and then I had to go for a wee. Then I was with this bear on a boat but that was just a dream" Ada rambled, causing Aurora to look up amused. Being only one year older than Ada they shared a sisterly bond, when they were younger and Tommy busy Aurora would spend her time dressing Ada up in all types of fabrics. It was their fondest memory.

"Then I was hungry. Why are you reading the paper?" Ada finished spreading an unholy amount of jam out two large slaps of bread. Scrunching up her nose in slight disgust Aurora watched as Ada shoveled it into her mouth.

"Why wouldn't I be?" Polly sighed, turning her attention away from her niece.

"I've never seen you read the paper. I've only ever seen you light fires with them" Ada replied, her mouth still full of food.

"Oh Ada please! your going to make me sick. At least swallow your food before speaking" Aurora groaned softly, turning her attention to her daughter who squirmed. She watched as her hair turned yellow, a sign that her little Rose was hungry.

"Do you mind Pol, Ada?" Aurora asked quietly gesturing to her little girl. 

"No, go ahead love" Pol instructed turning her attention back to Ada.

"BSA are on strike. The miners are on strike. IRA are killing our boys ten a day" Pol spoke out eyeing Ada with eyes of scrutiny. 

"What?" Ada mumbled, looking to Aurora in question.

"Stand up!" Pol told her sternly, sending Aurora a look of uncertainty.

"Why?"

"Just stand up!" Pol instructed setting her tea down. "Side on" she told her before grabbing her breast tightly.

"Pol! what are you doing?" she gasped a look of outrage settling on her face. Aurora watched on silently finally grasping at what Pol was getting at. 

"Oh Ada!" Aurora gasped out in shock, she hadn't even known she was seeing anyone.

"How late are you?"

"One week, five weeks. Seven if you count weekends. I think it's the lack of Iron. I got some tablets" Ada let out nervously. 

"But they didn't work did they"

"No" she sat down childishly, not able to look her Aunt in the eye. "But Aurora was near the same age as me when she fell pregnant with the triplets" Ada let out trying to defend her situation.

"Yes, but Aurora was married to Tommy for years beforehand and had a house and job" Polly argued, Aurora's situation was totally different to Ada's. 

"Do you want me to check Pol? to guarantee it? it will only take a second" Aurora suggested gently laying her daughter beside her brothers. 

"Please" Pol agreed, gesturing for Ada to stand up. They watched as Aurora placed her hands on Ada's soft stomach, eyes closed she began to mumble in Latin. 

"Pregnant, do you want to know the gender?" Aurora asked, a smile over taking her face in excitement. She seemed to be the only one delighted.

"Who's is it?!" Pol demanded. "Will he marry you?" not caring that Ada was on the verge of crying. 

"Hey it's alright. With or without him we'll take care of you. Your a Shelby, okay? We don't care about the opinions of others" Aurora reassured, pulling her sister into a hug.