Healing

****

The sound of heels clicking against the pavement echoed throughout the street, as Polly Grey made her through Birmingham a basket of fresh supplies in hand.

Days had passed since the traumatic event shook the Shelby family. Aurora under guidance of Tommy remained in the home protected from any muggles, Until the Inspector cleared out of Birmingham. Since the guns were now headed for Ireland.

 It was only a matter of time before he kicked back his ego was damaged and his job hung on by the balance.

The Irish barmaid watched from a distance as Polly entered a building of apartments, cautiously she entered behind the woman trying to be discrete.

 Grace was given direct orders on finding the new location of Freddie Thorne and Aurora Shelby, she had never seen the Inspector so serious. It was worrying to know the gangsters had the upper hand, she no longer knew if her job would last much longer, it was evident her mission was failing.

Stepping into the building Grace tried to find what direction Polly had taken, but it was like she disappeared into thin air. 

Polly continued on her journey unaware of her extra shadow. 

Smiling she opened the door to the newly furnished apartment courtesy of Aurora. Protected with charms and defensive spells the new family were protected from anyone but family. Freddie Thorne held no complaints still recovering from his interrogation and getting use to father hood.

 "Hello love, how's the baby?.. and Freddie?" Polly asked settling the basket down before taking Karl in her arms, she was the only family members who has got the chance to visit.

"Good,but it's hard" Ada mumbled tiredly, a loud yawn escaping her mouth. Freddie was already fast asleep with the babies excessive crying and his healing it took a lot out of him.

"Don't worry Ada, it's always hard in the beginning. You'll get there in the end" Polly smiled, cradling the little babe in her arms. "He's beautiful, you've done well. Your mother would be proud you know" her aunt added softly, reminiscing on her own children.

"Thanks Pol" Ada hummed tiredly, "how's Aurora doing?" 

"Aurora is taking it slow, she tries to not let it show but it scared her a great deal" Pol sighed, playing with the babes hands. "Tommy hasn't left her side and her father only left yesterday. He's keeping her locked up until the Inspector leaves. You should both be able to leave once that happens" 

"That'll be the day! I don't know how long we could have stayed here without Aurora's adjustments" Ada burst out, admiring her little home that  held everything they could need.

"She really does look after her family" Polly agreed, taking a seat on the newly furnished sofa.

"Aurora likes only the best" Ada laughed for the first time in a while... "She suits Tommy so well" she added in an after thought. 

"Soulmates" Polly agreed, placing the babe back into his mothers hold before preparing a meal for the little family and there Polly stayed until the sun began to set. She didn't want to over stay her welcome.

***

"Tommy darling?.. " Aurora called out from the kitchen, Damian settled on her hip as Noah and Rose crawled around the floor. She had just finished baking Brownies and Macaroons with the help of her children who had took the challenge in making the biggest mess. 

Entering the room seconds after she called, Tommy stood behind her a hand placed on her waist. "Aurora" he whispered lovingly in her ear before placing a light kiss on her neck. The two toddlers on the floor wasted no time in grabbing their fathers legs hoisting themselves up trying to gather his attention.