Legality

***

"Your message said, you have an address for me" Campbell spoke with authority as he stared at the Leader of Peaky Blinders. 

"Anonymous tip off" Tommy revealed holding up a piece of mail sent to him this morning. "The address of Stanley Chapman" a known and highly respected member of the Communist organisation.

"You promised me Freddie Thorne" Campbell countered gruffly. 

"This is instead of Freddie Thorne" Tommy bartered.

"No deal" he shook his head turning to leave. The pounding rain created an inconspicuous atmosphere over their meeting.

"Inspector, Stanley Chapman is a bigger fish than Freddie Thorne. He is currently holding 200 pound in cash. Given to the Communist party by the Russian government. That's right, Chapman has snow on his boots, and all you need is a shovel" Tommy told him regaining his attention immediately. 

"If he talks you might get proof, might even get that medal your after... Now, before I give you the address, I want your word that you will let Freddie Thorne and my sister leave the city" Tommy ordered leaving no room for argument.

"Very well. You have my word" Campbell grunted pocketing the address securely in his waist coat.

"I think our little truce is proving quite productive for both of us, Inspector. I get the information and protection and you...Well.. you get Bolsheviks"

"But on a more pressing matter, i'm afraid Mr.Churchill is becoming impatient. And I fear that if you don't get back those stolen weapons soon, I will be replaced. That would be the finish for me. That's for sure" Campbell relayed, sitting down on a small stool. 

Tommy sighed in annoyance, "When my business with Kimber is done, the guns will be returned. That was the deal!"

"Then I am in your hands, completely. You hold all the cards. But I hope to god, that my dismissal doesn't come before your decision to hand back those guns. I say this for you sake and your wives." Campbell conditioned, noticing how the gangster froze at the mention of his wife. 

"Because, if I were to be fired and it were your fault, I would do things that would shame the devil! I heard you have a beautiful wife, it would be a shame if something would happen to her" he laughs looking to get under Tommy's skin. 

"On my last day in power for example, I would see to it that you and your scum brothers have your heads caved in with mallets and spades. I might let you watch whilst I impregnate your bitch of a wife and your sister too. The baby inside her would be of no consequence to me" Campbell told him gravely no hint of remorse in his voice. The man was sick and twisted, relishing in the power he held.

"The only one to be spared would be your little brother, Finn. He would be however lifted as a juvenile, and dumped into that part of the adult prison where men would have the most appetite for him. If my dismissal comes before your decision" he warned. 

Tommy fumed in white fury, his hand twitching for his gun. The urge to kill him where he stood was just so tempting. But he let the opportunity pass, he needed him for now. There was no way in hell Campbell would lay a hand on his wife, he would never put her in a position of harm. 

God help any person to lay a hand on the angel of Small Heath.

***

After lifting Stanley Chapman from his home, Campbell sat in his office lighting his third cigarette of the morning.

"He still refuses to say where it came from" Moss announced looking at the inspector before him. There was no denying the Birmingham police force despised the man, half their earnings had been cut since they weren't able to take payments off the Peaky Blinders.