Chapter Eight

Being shot by a bullet was no trip to the park. Dean killed his brother, but the brief hesitation allowed Sam to get the upper hand and shoot him. Dean knew Gordon would be pissed and would no doubt get him in trouble. Racing into the park, Dean entered the forest, hoping to find a place to catch his breath. He looked at his wound, since it was still gushing red. Though it did not appear to be healing. The wound should have disappeared already.

Sam Winchester was outside the forest since he tracked his brother there. Not a single sound came from any part of the forest. It was like nothing was alive. Pulling out his phone, Sam saw Dean was close, and entered the wood landed area. Gordon was in the old mill and had a sense that something was wrong. Dean had not killed his brother, and therefore, he was becoming pissed.

"Dean?" Gordon said. "Why isn't your brother dead?" Dean flinched upon hearing Gordon in his head. From the tone of voice, he could tell that Gordon was angry. Dean attempted to remain calm, since he knew that the slightest thing could set him off. "Answer me!"

"I had him in my sights," Dean responded. "He got the upper hand and shot me."

"You fool!" Gordon exclaimed. "You were supposed to kill him!" he continued. "Get back to the mill. We need a back-up plan," Dean agreed and took off from his spot. When Sam looked at his phone, he saw Dean was now on the move. Sam took off following the tracker until eventually, Sam arrived at the old run-down mill and hid under the window. Inside, Sam could hear a conversation going on in the building.

"This hunter is becoming bothersome," Robin said. "How hard is it to kill him?!"

"Maybe your puppet isn't as strong as you think," Ryan said. "We should strike now before he finds us,"

"Well, maybe we could if Dean hadn't messed up," Robin answered.

"Don't you dare blame me for this!" Dean exclaimed. "If you hadn't noticed, Sam had a gun!"

"Silence!" Exclaimed Gordon. "I'm tired of your arguments." Sam snuck into the mill and hid behind an old pole, hoping to keep himself from being seen. However, as Gordon was about to say something, he caught Sam's scent. "Wait, I think there's someone here." Everyone in the room fell silent, wondering what it could be. "Sam Winchester, I know you're hiding behind that," Sam silently cursed under his breath and pulled out his silver dagger. If indeed Gordon was the alpha tribrid then all he needed to do was get close to him and draw blood from him, or he could slice his throat and get rid of him forever. Knowing that he had to step out, Sam appeared around the corner and saw the three other members of Gordon's pack. One of them being Dean.

"Dean, tell me you're still in there somewhere," Sam said, attempting to reach out to his brother.

"What are you doing here, Sammy?" Dean said. "Still going to kill me?" he mocked.

"I can't believe you showed your face here," Robin intervened. "Well, looks like we have to take you out." Gordon ordered his pack to attack Sam. Sam knew that the three that were attacking him had been innocent, especially his brother. Dean did not deserve what Gordon was doing to him. Robin and Ryan attacked him together, forcing Sam to make sure that he didn't hurt them. The two tribrid's extended their fingernails into claws and swung at the younger Winchester. Sam evaded the attacks while also trying not to get struck by the claws. Robin kicked Sam in the stomach, sending him flying into a nearby wall. A smirk appeared on her face as she made her way over, thinking that she thought ahead of Sam. However, the minute she stepped where she tossed him. She saw Sam was not lying on the ground like she was thinking. The smile on her face disappeared as she started searching everywhere for Sam's body. However, she suddenly felt something protruding from her chest. Robin looked down and saw that there was a silver dagger. She gasped as she choked on her own blood before collapsing on the ground.

"Robin!" Ryan exclaimed in anger and tackled Sam to the ground. Sam kicked Ryan while he was attempting to kill Sam. But Sam had the upper hand. He used his own gun and shot Ryan in the heart. Ryan gasped as his eyes transformed from fox to human and fell back. The only other person who was left was his brother, Dean growled, completely consumed by Gordon's control.

"Dean," Sam said, attempting to get through to his brother. "Don't let Gordon tell you what to do your better than this," he continued. "I need his blood. If you can hear me, please you need to fight back," Dean paused as he walked over to his brother, acting like he understood what Sam was saying, however that was all a ploy for Dean to get closer to Sam. At first, Sam thought he had gotten through to his brother. However, the minute he got close, Dean punched Sam in the face, sending him onto the floor, unconscious.

"How about no," Dean said simply.

Sam groaned as he woke up. At first, the room seemed blurry, but once he could focus; he noticed they tied him against the stairs in the mill. Sam struggled to pull away, but before he could, he felt a cool blade against his neck.

"What do you think you're doing?" Dean said.

"Dean?" Sam said in shock. Standing behind his brother was none other than Gordon himself. "Please, don't listen to him. You're my brother, you aren't a killer,"

"He'll do whatever I ask him to do, Samuel." Gordon said. "I knew you would come and try to save your brother. I heard you were trying to make a cure?"

"What's it to you?" Sam said rudely, but Dean pressed the blade closer to his brother's neck.

"Show him some respect, Sammy," Dean said. "He's the alpha after all,"

"Thank you Dean," Gordon responded. "I guess you aren't so useless after all," Gordon turned around. Dean smirked and winked at his brother. Realization dawned on Sam that Dean could somehow break from the mind control. Dean reached into Sam's pocket and pulled out what appeared to be a capped needle that Sam had in his pocket the entire time.

"Dean?" Sam asked.

"Trust me, Sammy," Dean responded with a smirk. "I know what you're doing, don't worry, I got this,"