6.

"Good morning, big fella," America said as he approached the glass.

Russia stretched and nodded his head.

"I have a small surprise for you that is going to arrive tomorrow. I hope you'll like it."

He didn't seem to pay much attention to what America said. In fact, it seemed like he was going to fall asleep again.

"Still tired?"

'No'

"Guess that's the only thing you can do to kill some time. How about... maybe you could let me come in and then-"

America went quiet as Russia jumped up in surprise and walked away from the glass.

"Wait! It was just a suggestion. I promise I won't do anything you don't want me to do."

Russia turned to look back at him but soon looked down to the floor. It's not that he didn't want America to come near him because he doesn't trust him. He didn't trust himself on being near anyone.

"Hey..."

The sound of America's voice caught his attention and he looked back up.

"Maybe this will sound stupid to you but it hurts me to see you like this. I remember you when you were younger. This isn't the Russia I remember of. Not because you look different, but because you're so unhappy... I wish you could talk too. I wish I could hear what you want to say. I'm willing to listen. And I want to be your friend..."

This somehow convinced Russia to come closer to the window again. This was the first person he met, since when he was turned into what he is today, that makes him feel like he really cares. But he didn't understand why? And he says that he knows him from earlier, yet Russia doesn't remember seeing him ever before.

"Do you remember me?"

Russia shook his head 'no'. He felt kind bad for admitting that because he thought America could get offended. But instead he just gave him a wide smile.

"That's okay. That was pretty long ago. I'm just asking because I want to know if this transformation caused you memory lose."

'Yes'

"So you didn't remember your father either?"

'No'

"Oh... that's sad. But how did you remember him?"

Russia just set there and looked at him.

"Sorry. I always forget that you can't speak... But anyway-"

"Sir! The package has arrived!"

The voice of the soldier echoed through the hall. Surprisingly, Russia just looked down the hall to where the sound came from. Seems like he only hates it when someone is yelling around him.

"I'll be right there!- Ups... Sorry. I forgot that you hate when someone yells near you."

Russia let out a small purr and smiled, at least as much as his teeth allowed him to.

"How come that you don't mind me yelling when I'm close to you?"

Russia shrugged. For some reason America didn't make him uncomfortable. And when he yells he wasn't even as close as loud as others, because he didn't yell out of anger nor fear.

"Well, looks like it's your lucky day. My surprise arrived."

Russia felt his heart race from excitement. He immediately stood up and wiggled his tail, which was resembling the one of a cat, but it had spikes on its end.