14.

A dark room, a table and a group of people sitting at it. Black suits. Emotionless faces. Patience. Silence. Yet broken by the rythem of their hearts beating. Such environment would give chills to any ordinary person. Or any sane one at least.

Finally, a ray of light finds it's way into the room from under the door. Deforming slowly as part of it is blocked by whoever standing behind that large pice of metal separating them from the outside world.

The creaking sound of the door opening breaks the silence, but no one seems to budge.

Then footsteps follow, echoing loudly.

Chairs move as they stand up to pay respect to their one and only leader. The one who they live to serve.

The figure of a man gracefully finds it's way across the room. With his demand, a snap of fingers, a small light appears above an empty seat.

His body, once seated into the metal chair, seems to find comfort it it's cruel environment.

A light move of the hand signals for his beloved puppets to sit down, which they do. Again silence screams in the room. So loudly. Enjoying the time it's given to swallow any soul it can reach.

But souls were the last thing you'd find in that box filled with figurines made of blood and flesh.

The one under the light observes carefully. He does not see them, but he can hear them. Their breath. Calm. Their heartbeat. Even calmer.

He isn't meant to see them anyway. Why would he? They're not important. They are just voices in his head, and nothing more than that. A source of ideas to use in the creation of pure catastrophe.

But he on the other hand is the one under the spotlight. The alpha and omega. The only one who should be seen and observed. He was the pure form of perfection. The Devil himself.

After waiting long enough he decided to bless them with the sweet sensation of hearing the voice of their leader.

"What a lovely day, isn't it? Finally things are going by plan and nothing seems to be able to ruin it."

He paused, smiling devilishly.

"Just when I thought that I've done it all. Been the worst of the worst. I seem to come up with new, exciting ideas how to make things even more chaotic... I thought I hurt my biggest enemy where it hurt most, but now I I know how to hurt him even more."

He could sense them looking at him, enjoying the show as they listen carefully.

"I turned his beloved son into a freak. Something yet unseen by humanity. But why stop there. Why not make him lose him once and for all."

"Genius idea my Lord," said one of the observers.

"But let's make it count. Let's put up a show. A spectacle."

"The death of his son would be sweat torment, wise one. But it needs more drama. A nice touch to it," said another one.

"Yes? Like what?"

"A little bit of relief and hope."

He snorted and gave a look of disgust.

"We need to destroy him to the core you imbecile! Not lift the weight we already added off his back!"

"But what if we lift it up only for a second. Make them think that it's finally over. And then crush them like a bug under the heel of the shoe."

Satisfaction showed up on his face as he leaned back.

"You've earned my attention. But it's not cheap. So be quick."

"It's just 4 simple steps. Kidnap the creature. Turn him back into a human. Give his father the relief of seeing him again. And then take away his life before the eyes of that naive Slavic idiot."

"Sensationa. Devilishly brilliant. But I  need more!"

"Not to mention that they won't be the only ones who'll suffer," said the third.

He grinned again.

"That little rebellious brat! He already got his serving of hope once he discovered his long lost childhood friend is still alive. He might suffer even more than that old red-faced moron."

"Exactly, your excellence. How can this plan be any better? You'll hit two of your worst enemies in their weakest spots. Stabing right through a wound that just started to heal, making it bleed even worse. Once that is over the world is yours to conquer!"

"Sounds almost too good to be true. But let's not be pessimistic about it. This might be the perfect opportunity to finally take the place that was destined to be mine. To rule the world. Have all these worthless little creatures worship me!," he said as he stood up from his chair and laughed maniacally.

The others stood up as well, all lifting one hand in the air as one of the worst sentences ever heard in human history proudly echoed through the room.

"All hail Reich!"

In a sweet whisper he spoke after them.

"All hail me!"

--------------------------------------------

"No... It can't be..."

America lifted his eyes from the files in his hands. Pure horror all over his face.

He screamed in anger as he threw them off the table.

The package has arrived, containing all the information about Russia's transformation and who was behind it.

Grabbing his walkie-talkie he gave out a stressful sigh before pressing it to his ear.

"Captain, do you hear me? Over."

"Loud and clear. Over."

"How long till the team gets here? Over."

"About 3 hours. Over."

"Notify me once the communication gear is back in function. And tell our people to gather at the cafeteria. I'll be holding a meeting in 30 minutes. Over."

"Copy that. Over."

He placed the device away and let his body crash down on the chair.

It's 5am. Everyone is wide awake and alart. Not that it's a big deal. These men are trained to go 3 days without sleep without any issues. But that won't be necessary since the other team will arrive soon enough.

He placed his face in his hands, processing all the information he just received.

So if Third Reich is behind all this that definitely means that whatever turned Russia into this creature is still somewhere in the borders of his country. And since the war between him and Soviet is still going on at the time it's a perfect opportunity for him to do some investigating and try to find it. No one will suspect it nor expect it.

And if the documents are correct that machine was created in Berlin, so they'll start looking for it there.

Now he has to inform his team that, even tho it's against the agreement he made with Soviet, they have to move Russia to his country. It's the safest place for him until they figure this out. But he also needs to find Russia.

Too many things had to be done and yet they had little time. And one wrong move could lead to a global catastrophe.

He guessed it's best to send his team back. All except the Captain that is. Then go look for Russia with the new team all while praying to God that Soviet doesn't get the idea to visit again. Because if he does they're doomed.

But they're doomed anyway once he realizes that Russia is not in his country anymore.

Well, you know how they say it. Pray for the best and prepare for the worst.