Part 2

"Just a second!" You called out to the person that had just entered your store as you finished the task you were doing in the back. You quickly walked out to the front and stopped in your tracks. "Andy?"

He looked up at you and gave you a tired smile as he held up a bag of takeout. "Lunch?"

You nodded, "Come through." You smiled at him.

He bobbed his head and flipped the close sign over in the door window before flicking the lock into place as if it was muscle memory.

"I got your favorite." Andy smiled at you as he sat at your work bench beside you.

You smiled excitedly as your stomach began to grumble as you inhaled the delicious smell. "Life saver."

The two of you began to eat in silence. You hadn't realised how hungry you actually were until you started eating but as you stole a glance at Andy every now and then, you could tell something was wrong by the way he was playing with his food.

"What's wrong?" You asked him, gently placing your hand on his arm. "And don't say it's nothing, Andy."

He looked at you with worry swimming in his eyes as he gulped. "I need to tell you something, but I'm afraid it might make you think differently about me." His brow furrowed as he looked down at his good. "You might never want to see me again." He looked up to meet your gaze.

"I don't understand." You said.

Andy took a deep breath. "Because of what's happening with, Jacob, I've decided to share something with, Laurie... That's from my past," He shook his head. "Before, Laurie and I, even knew each other..."

"Andy, what are you talking about?" You asked as you turned to face him.

"My father, is a convicted rapest and murderer." He said, refusing to look at you.

Your mouth hung open in shock. That was certainly not what you had expected him to say. "... Whoa."

Andy let out puff of air through his nostrils as he nodded. "Yeah."

"I- hmm, why are you telling me this, Andy?" You asked confused.

Andy took a deep breath. "After what happened with your ex, I thought you deserved to know what you were living next door to... The media and the police are gonna be digging into our past and... I wanted to be the one to tell you." He gave you a soft look.

You nodded and sat quietly as Andy began to tell you about his father. You found it hard to believe that this sweet and caring man in front of you had such a monster as a father.

"Laurie, thinks I betrayed her, by keeping this to myself." Andy's head laid in his hands.

Your brow furrowed. "She does?"

He nodded. "Apparently, because I've kept this from her for all these years, she's not sure whether she can ever trust a word I ever said to her." He let out a dry chuckle, "Like, our whole life together, is just one big fat lie."

Your mouth hung open again. "Oh."

"She blamed me, for what's happening with, Jacob." He huffed. He looked up at you with a frown. "What do you think? Am I in the wrong? Should I have told her?"

You let out a soft sigh, "I understand why, Laurie, might feel slightly betrayed by you. You guys are married and you shouldn't have secrets." Andy groaned as he looked away from you. "But, honestly... I think she's the one in the wrong."

Andy's head shot up, "What?"

"Andy, just because your father, did those horrible things, does not make you the same person. You're kind and caring, and you certainly love your family. Laurie, should be able to understand why you kept it a secret. I don't go around telling every guy I go on date with my ex-husband used to beat me." You frowned.