✧ reminisce || kazuha

— REMINISCE
✧ MODERN AU ✧

—    REMINISCE     —✧ MODERN AU ✧

└─── kazuha ───┘

for you— i got a secret place no one
knows

THE SUN comes flooding through your class window, leaking the room and painting the walls and floors. You subconsciously twirl the pen in your hands, letting your boredom take over.

Winter is coming to an end to where the snow starts melting from the roots of trees, and where flowers start blooming, signifying that spring is near.

The pale color of your skin makes you cringe internally; you wanting nothing more than to tan under the sun's rays. Excitement seeps through you as you think about the petals of Sakura trees blossoming in the midst of season. You've been begging for Kazuha to take you there since Winter, and all you got in response was a 'soon, love, soon.. whenever the wind guides us, we'll go.'

So here you are, sitting uncomfortably in your chair, waiting for the moment to occur.

You heave a sigh, and thought about staying home with your partner. He didn't go through with it of course, and obligated you to go to
school.

As you bring your focus to someplace else, you notice the head administrator walking in. You grow confused and position yourself in a slanted  stance. You rest your head on the table with your hands on each side of the table, and your legs shifting awkwardly away from one another.

The head administrator whispers in your teachers ear, and from the way her eyes widen, you can tell what the persons asking for.

Being in the back didn't restrain you from listening.

"Yes, she's in here."

"Bring her in the office then. Thank you." The administrator bows and takes a quick glance around the class, before leaving.

The teacher clears her throat and everyone turns to bring their attention back to the front.

She eyes you particularly. "(Y/N), you are expected in the office. Go now, don't waste time."

You grunt in displeasure, but you do as she says. You were known to be a heavy sleeper in class, but other than that you weren't a troublemaker.

Walking down the hallways brought more tiredness into your eyes. The walls were gloomy and gray, with the slightest amount of windows. Your vision turns bleary, and you rub them occasionally to prevent you from dozing off.

You reach the end of the hall and open the door to the student service office. There was a glass wall between the interior and the hallway, so you had to blink twice before taking in the person on the other side of the glass.

You waste no time in opening the door and lunging in his arms.

"Kazuha!"

He stiffens and a look of disapproval forms on his face.

"(Y/N)?" You turn and see the same administrator that was in your classroom. You didn't know why but feel uneasy in this situation.

You bow quickly, and you mentally curse to yourself for throwing your manners out the door. Was that why Kazuha was looking at you that way?

Her heels clatter on the marble floor with grace and intimidation. She places her hand on the counter to grab a slip.

You stood there awkwardly, and sense Kazuha's fingers graze your back soothingly.

The administrator hands you the slip, and before you can say anything, she beats you to it.

"Your father," she raises an eyebrow to the man behind you. "Signed in to pick you up."

"Father?.." you breathe and just like that, the puzzle pieces start to form instantly. You look at the paper before you, and could easily tell his handwriting.

"Yes, he is your father right?" she hums, "It sure was an interesting form of greeting you had there."

"Oh—.. Pardon me for that. I wasn't expecting him to be here, that's all." A lump begins to shape in your throat. "He's always at work—,"

"—Indeed I am. I was suggesting some family time." Kazuha grips your waist gently yet firmly, and you lean against him, hopefully to convince the staff standing ahead of you.

"Let me guess. Teen parent?"

"Certainly." His voice remains collected.

"Very well then. If you will, (Y/N), do fill in the form and place it back on the counter. That will be all."

She walks back to her original position. Kazuha lends you a pen and you scribble your signature on the slip.

"You're all set." You nod at her and walk out the room anxiously, albeit relief fills you from the nerve wracking situation Kazuha put you in.

As you reach the school entrance, you break out.

"What was that for?"

He intertwines your fingers together and lands a kiss on it before saying,

"Look love, the trees are blooming."

But you already knew that. You had a giant window in your classroom with a generous view of the scenery.

"I already knew that Kazuha."

He smiles, "but did you know where I'm taking you today?"

You shake your head.

"Get in the car, and you'll see."

"You know I don't like surprises." You pout.

"You'll like this one," he says. "I promise."

━━━━━。゜✿ฺ✿ฺ゜。━━━━━

;)

02/05/22