✿ esthetic canvas || albedo

—  ESTHETIC CANVAS   —
🎨🥋🖌
:*゚:༅。.。༅:*

└─── albedo ───┘

└─── albedo ───┘

"ample light... active biological organisms.. can only forge such calamity"

THE LAST time you stepped foot in Dragonspine was when Rosaria showed you to Albedo; aka your first time meeting him. He was at peace, doodling on a canvas on a group of hilichurls nearby.

You decide to pay him a visit on this gloomy yet tranquil evening. The bits of snow falling down into your hair made you shake your head breezily, reminding you of the constant and chilly weather. You notice a fire source and immediately went to it for warmth. The sounds of fire cackling helped you calm down and you waver your hand around it for extra heat, since you didn't bring gloves with you.

You were in such a hurry that you forgot some important clothing that helped with the cold. Your mittens and scarf was waiting for you at home patiently and as you scoff irritatedly, you spot a replication of your breath in the cold air. Thats Dragonspine for you.

As you make your way down the path that you so vaguely memorize, you come right into Albedo's view. Instead of being in the same position as last time, he's perched up on a tree stump, doodling off into what seem like eternity. You see no one in front of him, so he must be taking in the scenery around him and turning it into art.

"So you came," he says and make no move to look at you. Is your presence that loud to him that you didn't have to speak nor step on a stick to alert that you're here?

"Hey." You take more steps toward him and slouch down on the snow beside him. It wasn't sticky so your weight melted right on top of it, carving an easy space for you to sit.

You couldn't help but wander your eyes on his painting. To your dismay, there was nothing on the canvas. You clear your throat and he turns to look at you with a crooked eyebrow.

"Uh," seeming to be in an awkward stance, you rub your neck, hoping to ease the uncomfortable proximity between you two. "I thought you were drawing? Or painting..?"

He shakes his head. "No. To my surprise, there's nothing that comes to mind to paint of."

"Oh." you mumble quietly. You both sat there awkwardly— or you should say, you sat there awkwardly. Albedo sat there, fiddling with his paintbrush, seeming as your appearance didn't bother him.

"Is the scenery not.. appealing?"

"Perhaps not. It gets quite dull." You make an 'o' face and nod to yourself. The moon hung beautifully among the sky, and the way the snow falls down from the trees is almost hypnotizing to the point where you can watch it on repeat. The harmonizing sounds of bird chirping could make you fall asleep, if you were tired, that is.