✧ liyue's chunjie || zhongli

— LIYUE'S CHUNJIE
🏮🌑☄️

—   LIYUE'S CHUNJIE   —彡🏮🌑☄️ 彡

└─── zhongli ───┘

"her story ended for ours have just begun"

‎IT STARTED as a maid, then traveling merchant, and now chef specialist of the Wanmin restaurant. You didn't know if fate is ready for you to settle just yet, so you stayed adamant of nearing locals. The people of Liyue were pleasant, if not more. It seemed to lure you in but you refused to give in incase you had to be on the move again.

Your surroundings begin to reappear out of the fog as you leer your focus onto the task in front of you. You were passionate in your jobs of course—but everything loses its sparkle once you've offered too much of your dedication and wellbeing. Yawning was one of your easiest tasks to undertake. If only there's a way to get paid for it, though. Unfortunately life hasn't been paying you enough pity or else you wouldn't be in this position, cutting up mushrooms and tossing them into the bucket with several hitting the floor. But in the end you'd sweep them up towards the trash, not having the chance of being washed and making it into the bucket and missing the satisfaction on someone's face as they realize they'd have an extra mushroom sitting on their plate. But that's life. Sometimes it isn't worth picking up that extra piece of food when you can barely shoot enough in the basket.

You heave a sigh as the sound of water swishes in your mind. You ought to take a nice break one day, maybe after the festival. You think past to the previous festivals that took place in this city. You occupied as a traveling merchant for a couple years, sometimes nearing Liyue when items grew hot during the special time of the year. They made you a quick buck and you were left with some spare to enjoy the views of fireworks and to take in Liyue from afar.

There was this one event that seemed to catch your eye. This certain God, or whatever it's called, tend to appear out of thin air and hundreds would applaud for this strange man. You were there, each year, to catch even a mere glimpse at him and try to uncover the shadows of his hood with your eye. It was strange, how he always wore this strange black hood and not utter a word when the city's cheering for him. This year would be different from the others though. You were here in Liyue, to stay for a while you hope, and this time you wanted to partake in this strange occasion. You had no idea what's so mysterious that you wanted to discover so badly. But for answers you seek, you shall chase.

༻✿༺

"Chun, pass the salt."

She passes the salt to you and just as you were about to take it, she swerves the seasoning and waves it above you. Lucky for you, you were too short to reach it. Ha, Chen.