✧ leaf to my tune || kazuha

— LEAF TO MY TUNE
❄️🎶

—   LEAF TO MY TUNE   —彡 ❄️🎶 彡

└─── kazuha ───┘

"The birdsong at daybreak is nature's
gift to us"

THE LEAVES rustle outside the fabric, and you sit up, your hands wandering around your face laced with sweat. There was no one laying down beside you, and you scramble to your feet, placing your hands around the cloth to feel some sort of contact with skin.

This time it was the sound of nails clawing at your tent. You let out a exasperated scream, crawling to the front of your tent to where the entry stood.

Kazuha isn't here. He's gone. Perhaps captured by the devious monster that's scratching at your tent like a mad man? What if he's..

"K-kazuha? Hello? Are you out there?" There was no answer.

"Oh! No, no, no, no.." Your hands are now playing with your hair messily, and your whole body is filled with sweat. You reach for the zipper on the tent and pull it down. Chilled air meets your face, and you shiver in your thin pajamas.

There were many tents scattered around you, and you get out as the cold breeze begins to sway through your clothes and hair. You make your way towards Beidou's tent and peek through the fabric, hoping to find her as panicked as you.

"Beidou?" Her tent is filled with absolute darkness, like a room with black painted on each wall.

She grunts. "(Y/N)? Is that you?" you begin to nod, but decide against it.

"Hey." you make out her figure sitting up in the corner of your eye. "Go back to sleep." she calls out but you didn't move.

"Uh," how could you say this? "Have you been hearing creepy sounds lately?"

"Wait no." That wasn't what you're supposed to say. She perks an eyebrow at you. "I mean— do you know where Kazuha is?"

"Kazuha?" she lingers on the name. "Oh you're looking for him?" You nod eagerly and enter the tent, sitting down beside her darkened figure. "That man wanders around everywhere; he goes for walks during midnight even. Don't be alarmed, he'll come back."

You sit there confused, fiddling with your fingers. "Uh— so, where is he?" You laugh awkwardly, given that Beidou hadn't answered your question correctly.

"Ohh you're looking for him. Sorry, i'm high on sleep pills." You glance down at your lap and look around the empty tent absentmindedly, hoping to ease out the uncomfortable tension. "He's probably taking a walk." She yawns and waver her hands above her head.