Chapter 2: Vision of Mondstadt

While making the trek towards Mondstadt, Sora and Diona had been enveloped in a variety of topics all of which provided significantly useful information for Sora to help him become accustomed to this world. "So, you are able to summon your weapon as well as everyone else, but you don't really know how you are able to do so?" replied Sora on the topic of how the people of Teyvat fought their foes. Diona while scratching her cheek replied as best as she could, "Yes, those who have a vision are able to harness its energy as a conduit and use said power. For instance, my vision deals with cryo which allows for me to use my bow and ice powers".

Taking all this information at hand, Sora realized that he could come up with a story for his power but knowing that he would slip up using a variety of his spells could be problematic. Hence, he will need to be careful with what spells he uses when out in public.

Diona also had been curious as to what Sora's vision was and why had he become noticeably silent on the topic of visions. Consequently, Diona had decided to break the ice, "Sora what is your vision? And what weapon do you use with your vision?". This question had Sora misstep and stumble for a second having made him catch his breath and silently decided that it would be best to come clean about his power.

Knowing that deep within his thoughts there would be Donald yelling about the World Order. Sora having decided to go through with his decision answered Diona hesitantly, "My vision.... well... I don't exactly have a vision. I sort of use a wide variety of magic....". Silence had filled the twos' walk to Mondstadt for a minute. It was Diona who had spoken up first about what Sora had said. In a shocking twist, Diona had replied with a bit of mischievous intent behind her words, "Well I'll be.... I guess the traveler isn't so special anymore hahaha".

Confused for the umpteenth time today, Sora stared wide-eyed at Diona wondering what she had meant when she mentioned a traveler of sorts. Diona noticing Sora had decided to ease his assumptions, "You're not the first person to come to Mondstadt and not have a vision while also using powers that nobody else has". Taking Diona's words to heart, Sora heaved a loud breath of fresh air thanking whoever this traveler was that he would not be the only person to stand out in this world.

Diona having had part of her question answer decided to bring up the second half of her earlier question, "So, now that I know you don't have a vision what weapon do you use with this "magic" ability of yours". Sora hearing Diona's earlier question brought up again left him embarrassed as he would have to answer, "It's....I use a keyblade as my weapon. It's like a giant key that I carry and fight against monsters or people".

Having processed what Sora said, Diona stayed quiet for minute until her response surprised even Sora, "Huh....that's new. I've heard of anyone using a giant key before. Does it unlock something at least?". Flabbergasted, Sora opened his mouth to speak immediately closed it carefully thinking of how to respond. After a minute of thinking, Sora responded in kind with, "Yea. It actually unlocks somewhat large chests I come across in my travels".

For quite some time, questions were brought up by both parties helping one another get to know each other and their characteristics. Having walked up a small hill left a sight to be seen. Sora's eyes perked up when he spotted what looked to be a town in the middle of a body of water with what appeared to be a church at the very top. In addition, there seemed to be a statue near the top.

Noticing Sora's excitement at seeing Mondstadt, Diona decided it best to explain a bit about the city that would greatly benefit him. "It might not look like much but the city of Mondstadt is made from the hearts' of its' people. The city of freedom is Mondstadt's official title as there are other cities in Teyvat. Moreover, the statue you can kind of make out is the archon Barbatos who is the wielder of Anemo or in your case wind". Taking all of Diona's words to heart and memorizing it all, Sora decided it was time on getting to the bottom of his sudden appearance in Teyvat. "Is there somewhere in Mondstadt that might have a library of sorts. Maybe there's something that could explain how I ended up on the beach".

Stopping in her tracks, Diona began to process Sora's tale and review what he had told her from his own account. Realizing that there was already someone else who had mysteriously appeared and was seeking answers as well, Diona decided to point Sora in the right direction. "Why yes there is a library of sorts. Also, at the library there is also the Acting Grand Master for the Knights of Favonius. She may have the Information you are seeking since the traveler has already passed through Mondstadt not that long ago" replied Diona hoping her response would help Sora.

Hearing everything Diona had said, Sora smiled brightly at Diona filled with excitement, "Awesome! Maybe this will be easier than I thought. If this traveler friend of yours has already brought up their sudden appearance in Teyvat then maybe the Grand Master will have the answers I seek". With a content answer, Diona nodded her head and continued on leading Sora towards the gates for entry.

Several minutes later, Sora and Diona were face to face with the gate that prevents their entry into Mondstadt. Once Sora got closer to the gate, he was immediately called out by the two guards watching the bridge connecting Mondstadt to the rest of the land. "Excuse me, who are you and what business do you have with entering the city?" replied one of the guards on duty. Diona decided to step forward and address the knights' concern. "He is with me and is seeking to use the library. I found him near Starfall Valley with no way of navigating his way through the land. Not to mention, it seems he is in a similar predicament as the traveler is don't you think?" Diona addressed as a matter of fact to the knight.

Taken aback, the knight who had spoken up had processed all that Diona had said and quickly stepped back making his decision on the spot. "Ah, I see that is most unfortunate. A visit to the Acting Grand Master will prove to be helpful. Very well you are granted access to enter the city. Do not cause any problems for the city and you will be welcomed any time" replied the knight avoiding any problems at the gate.

Pleased with his answer, Sora and Diona nodded at the knights' words and paid them leave while continuing to make their way to the library. On the way, Sora noticed the various markets that appeared to be selling vastly different things such as one stall that was selling flowers he had never seen before. Another stall was working on some type of metal meaning that the man was the blacksmith for the city. Along the way Diona waved at a young woman who had black hair and a green and white dress. "That girl I just waved to is named Katheryne from the adventure's guild. I'm sure you'll be seeing more of her later". replied Diona while leading Sora to the library.

Diona then mentioned that the bar where she was bartending was also in the city and that she was not a fan of the wine industry which is another attribute Mondstadt has that is well known extending to lands far away. After climbing a few sets of stairs, Sora and Diona had finally reached the library which was also the Acting Grand Master's headquarters. This building served many purposes as it was in fact the Knights of Favonius' training hall which peaked Sora's interest. Having addressed to the knights standing guard outside about seeking the library and help her friend's current predicament, Diona had finally led Sora to the Grand Master's door. Realizing that Sora was on the verge of finding real clues and answers about what led him to appear in this world were beyond the door. Nervously, Sora decided to knock on said door first and wait for any word from the other side.

Not a moment too soon, a voice on the other side called out, "You may enter". Taking a deep breath, Sora replied with, "Excuse me" and pushed the door open ready to find some answers.