Chapter 4: First Encounter

Having Jean layout Sora and Eula's plan to head out to Wolvendom, along with meeting up with other Knights of Favonius being stationed there. The two decided to book it once they got outside of the building. Eula wanting to hurry and make it to Wolvendom before any more heartless could appear, looked to Sora "We need to hurry. You're not familiar with the area so stay close". Nodding his head in agreement, Sora replied "Got it. Let's go". The two immediately took off trying to avoid crashing into anything or anyone. 

Eula was running at an impeccable rate, but Sora was right behind her not wanting to lose sight of her.  The two quickly exited Mondstadt through the gate leaving the two guards bewildered at what had just happened. The two quickly got over the bridge connecting Mondstadt to the rest of the area and took a sharp right following the trail. Eula called out to Sora over her shoulder while continuing to sprint forwards, "We're coming close to a little area called Springvale. You'll see the windmills". Hearing what Eula had said, Sora began to see the windmills realizing he was in Springvale and would make a note of it later. 

Continuing their sprint to Wolvendom, while Sora was still on Eula's tail, he could see Mondstadt across the water in the middle of the lake. While still in a sprint, Eula noticed something up ahead on the road and she immediately took notice of it since it was small and dark. Getting closer and a better look at the dark object she soon saw what appeared to be antennas on its head and bright yellow eyes. 

Eula started to slow down until she was at a complete stop and looked towards the dark creature while also having a confused expression at what she was seeing.  She curiously blurted out "Wait. That's a heartless!". Sora having caught up to Eula and was standing right next to her immediately noticed the dark creature's features. Eyes widening, Sora moved into an offensive stance summoning his keyblade ready to go. He turned to look at Eula and quickly answered her question, "Scan the area. That's a shadow heartless. At its weakest form, they're not that hard to kill but can multiply quick. We have to destroy it quick". 

Once Sora finished his short explanation, he took off in an instant rushing towards the shadow and aimed a fire spell at the shadow killing it instantly which left a pink crystalized heart to float for a second and then seem to float away. Eula was left bewildered at what she had just seen along with having many questions flood her head. However, Sora started scanning the area once more and reeled his right arm back along with his weapon while getting into a fighting stance. 

Eula had also noticed what type of weapon Sora was wielding and didn't know whether to scoff or become concerned with the giant key he was wielding. Sora turned to look at Eula while also being on the defensive and began to explain what was going on, "Eula, the heartless can be defeated by anyone but only I can kill the heartless for good. My weapon acts as a sort of beacon. I'll keep my weapon out while attracting the heartless since they'll target me leaving you a chance to take them out". Hearing every piece of advice Sora gave, Eula summoned her Claymore while also nodding given that she understood Sora's strategy but still had questions for him later. 

Sora turned his head back towards the trail and immediately saw more heartless starting to appear out of nowhere. Sora took note of the various forms of heartless that he saw and felt a headache coming since there was such a variety. He spotted several large bodies, a couple of emerald blues, some dire plants, a few storm bombs, and a bunch of shadows spread out. Realizing that the storm bombs could lead to a problem with their wind vortexes tearing up trees and even possibly throwing them at the two, Sora immediately used his shotlock ability to target the storm bombs and went flying straight at the heartless. While in mid-air, Sora had blue energy surround him and felt something was off.  He immediately realized that his flowmotion speed was slower than usual. Putting that thought to the side, Sora made contact with the storm bombs and landed a horizontal slash that hit any other heartless in the surrounding area.