Chapter 9: Setting Off

*Disclaimer - I do not own the copyright for Genshin Impact or Kingdom Hearts

________________________________________________

*A/N - Hope everyone is doing good. The story is not dead lol. Been updating other stories and figured now was the time to come back and get this one back on track. Plus, Sumeru has been released and a lot of cool and interesting things have been plot orientated. I mean, the whole Dendro Archon and the implementation of a dream cycle got me really excited. I kid you not. I almost dropped my controller when the topic of dreams came into play. If there's one person who has an idea about dreams then it's your boy, Sora. Along with the other craziness that Sumeru has to offer especially with 3.1. It's time we get ready to depart Mondstadt and head to Liyue. However, expect to see a few more familiar faces. Take care and hope you enjoy this chapter.

________________________________________________

Bringing a hand up to his face, Sora did not want to wake up. The boy's body felt tired, and it didn't help that the position that he was in was making his arm go numb. Having had an eventful day yesterday, the Keyblade wielder felt that his body was being weighed down by something heavy. That was to be expected. He did just arrive in a whole new world, meet a bunch of new friends, get caught up in a bit of ruckus, and did fight a swarm of Heartless and even a giant wolf Heartless. Yeah. That'll do it.

Slowly rearing his head around, Sora looked around and noticed that he was in the room that Eula led him to and that Jean had got him for the night. He slowly began to lift himself off the comfy bed and realized that he did not have his jacket with him. Looking around the room, Sora was worried that he left it somewhere else and that he'd have to go search for it. However, his worry would be dismissed when he saw his jacket hanging up on a dresser.

Letting out a relieved sigh, Sora got off the bed and stretched out a bit feeling so much better. Striding over to get his jacket, he noticed something on the floor next to the door that looked strange. The object sitting on the ground was a white, blue, and silver bow that looked fancy. Sora was left puzzled at the item and took a minute to think about if he had picked something like that up in his most recent adventures. Nothing came to mind. He was half tempted to take it to the front office and put it as a lost item until he remembered something. Or rather a certain someone.

"Oh! That's Eula's hairpin!"

Making sure to be delicate with the item, Sora picked the hairpin up and upon further observation, he knew for sure that it was his friend's. However, that left a big question hanging over Sora's head. How exactly did her hairpin get here? And... How did he even get here?

Having a rattled head, Sora sat back down on the bed and began to recollect his memories of last night or at least remember as much as he could. What he found was a bit surprising.

________________________________________________

After Sora and Eula left the Knights of Favonius Headquarters, the two began to make their way toward Good Hunter to grab a bite to eat. Along the way, Sora began to ask Eula more about herself so he could know his new friend better.

"Hey, Eula, what is it that you do? Seeing that you're the Captain of the Knights Reconnaissance Company" Sora asked, crossing his arms.

"Taking an interest in my field of work?" Eula responded, surprised by the young man's question.