Chapter 3

Y/n's POV

After that, their parents came over and we waited for Antonio together. Mirabel brought him over. "There he is," Felix called out. I let the others crowd him first.

Pepa spoke up, "Look at you, all grown up!!" A rain crowd formed above her. Felix shooed the cloud and held Pepa from behind, "Pepi, Amor, you're gonna get him all wet."

Oh, so that's where Camilo got that from, his dad. Camilo shifted into his father's form and imitated him, "You are making your papa proud!"

Felix looked at him, "I don't sound like that."

Camilo copied him, adding some swagger to it. I couldn't help but laugh. Camilo smiled with his father's face, making me cringe a bit.

Dolores spoke up tilting her head a bit, "Abuela says its time."

They hugged him one more time with Pepa telling him, "We'll be waiting at your door."

Felix rushed them a little, "Okay, okay, vamo, vamo, vamo," He gestured with his arm.

Once again Camilo copied his papa. "Okay, okay, vamo, vamo, vamo," He gestured with his arm. Felix grabbed his eldest son making Camilo freak, "Alright, I'm done," This time he spoke in his normal voice, making me sigh with a smile.

I stepped forward and hugged Antonio, "Good luck buddy."

I teleported to where I'd hopefully stand next to Dolores. I looked to the side and saw Camilo instead, which I'll admit made me jump a bit. He chuckled at me. I looked across from us and saw Dolores over there. She winked at me.

Ohhhh, I see what she did, say she'll be here then stand on the other side of the walkway. This was a setup! Very nicely done I must say. Camilo jumped me out of my thoughts by casually wrapping an arm around my shoulder. Antonio and Mirabel walked by us going up the stairs.

"Will you use your gift to honour our Miracle? Will you serve this community and strengthen our home?" Abuela recited to Antonio. Antonio nodded while touching the candle. He then touched the doorknob and a toucan landed on his arm.

He nodded a little bit before saying, "uh huh, I understand you. Of course they can come!" Antonio giggled.

With that said the bird screeched and more animals came. His door opened and it was a jungle. Everyone crowded up the stairs to go into his room.

I stood next to Camilo still. His arm wasn't around me anymore though. A jaguar came and picked up Antonio. I could hear the other little kids freaking out. Antonio and his new friend went running around the tree.

I gasped as Antonio was flung off the back but sighed with relief when he fell onto a hammock being flung back up. Camilo cheered for his little brother, waving his hand around. It all brought a smile to my face.

Finally, the jaguar dropped Antonio by his father and all of us crowded around him to congratulate him. I had zoned out a bit just watching and smiling at the family. I looked down as Antonio grabbed my hand and brought me over for a group photo. He stopped next to Camilo and walked to the center quickly. Camilo grinned at me before he posed. The ones with visual gifts used them, Pepa had a rainbow, Isa made some flowers in an arc, Luisa held a giant rock, and Dolores held her hand by her ear. I made a mini-portal in my hand, looking slightly behind me to see my mother with a soft smile. The photo was taken and the party continued.

I didn't see Mirabel but I assumed she needed some air. This was probably difficult for her. I would be surprised if she wasn't phased by it.

I stood with Dolores, chatting quietly. She would hear me no matter what volume I spoke at. Dolores perked up a little before grinning. I raised my eyebrow at her.

Dolores put her hand on my shoulder and turned me to see Camilo making his way over. I instantly turned back to her.

"What did you do Dolores? Why is he coming over here?" I whisper screamed at her. "Oh god, what do I do?!"

She snickered. "I didn't do anything! He's coming over here on his own."

I peeked behind me and only saw him getting closer. Dolores grabbed my hands. "Y/n, You can do this. You are going to ask my little Hermano to dance."

I started to shake my head, the thought of it starting a blush on my cheeks. "No! You are Y/n L/n, and you can do this!" I gulped but nodded.

She grinned and mimed taking a deep breath, I copied her and instantly felt calmer. Dolores let go of one of my hands and pulled me closer. I didn't like the look in her eyes and she knew that. She giggled and threw me into a spin, releasing my hand.

I squealed in delight as my skirt spun with me. I was stopped by someone grabbing my hand. My eyes met with familiar hazel-green ones.

"Well, hello Hermosa." Camilo gave his signature grin.

I looked at Dolores before blurting out, "Wanna dance?"

He didn't even blink before replying, "With you? Always mi amor."

He stepped forward with his left foot, I stepped backward with my right and we began a salsa-like dance. He led us into a fast-paced dance. We were in sync, perfect harmony as we danced.

He spun me out where I body rolled before he brought me into his chest. My back to his front. The music beat to my heart and my hips burned where he softly held them. I felt his finger lightly tap my hip on beat with the music. My hands gently held his as we swayed for another minute.

He flipped his hand to tightly grip mine and spun me out again. We stayed like that, trying to catch our breaths as we stared at the other. The door burst open, Mirabel tumbling in. The trance was broken and we let go, turning towards her. 

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I meant to get this out earlier but I got covid. I'm doing a lot better now though. Please keep in mind I've never written a dance scene before so I hope it wasn't too bad but that one scene was one I'd wanted to write for a while. I could not get it out of my head. I might rewrite it at some point though, I feel it's missing something. Anyway, have a good day or night wherever you are my darlings!! <3

--Rowan