Chapter 11

Camilo's/Y/n's POV (I kept switching between the two accidentally. Sorry!) 

You know, this is the one time I was hoping I wasn't right. I knew something was going to happen. Y/n, Delores, and I stand together, by the front door and the side stairs. Y/n leans into my side, still tired. In front of us, our parents huddle, and in the middle, where everyone is staring are Abuela and Mirabel.

Mirabel's words are fast, falling out of her mouth faster than raindrops streaking down a window. She can't even finish a sentence before starting the next one.

"It's okay, everything's -- we're gonna save the miracle - the magic -"

Abuela shakes her head, "What are you talking about? Look at our home. Look at your sister!" Isabela stands next to Mirabel but is slowly making her way to stand by Luisa. Her dress is covered in various colors from flowers. Not so perfect anymore. 

Mirabel continues, pleading with our Abuela, "Please, just - Isabela wasn't happy and -" She is cut off by Abuela's words.

"Of course, she isn't happy, you ruined her proposal –" Abuela refutes Mirabel's words, not even taking a moment to actively listen to what she's saying. Isabela is shrinking into herself, holding one of her elbows nervously.

"No, no she needed me to ruin her proposal and then we did all of this and the candle burned brighter and the cracks," Mirabel is full of energy as she talks and gestures with her hands, smiling brightly.

Abuela says her name, "Mirabel," She doesn't listen.

"That's why I'm in the vision, I'm saving the miracle!" Mirabel's gaze falls on Abuela, hopeful.

Abuela snaps, "You have to stop, Mirabel!" The house trembles ominously, more cracks appearing. She doesn't give her a chance to speak.

"The cracks started with you. Bruno left because of you. Luisa's losing her powers, and Isabela's out of control, because of you. I don't know why you weren't given a gift, but it is not an excuse for you to hurt this family!" With each word, Mirabel's face falls more and more. Even Luisa and Isabela wince and retreat further into themselves, taking comfort from the other. Y/n grabs my hand and I give it a reassuring squeeze. We'll be okay, we can get through this. Even with my thoughts, I can't help but feel powerless as cracks emerge underneath Abuela and Mirabel.

Mirabel is silent, taking in the hurtful words before speaking. Her voice is soft, trembling. "I will never be good enough for you. Will I? No matter how hard I try." Her brows furrow as she looks around at each of us.

"No matter how hard any of us tries. Luisa will never be strong enough. Isabela won't be perfect enough – Bruno left our family because you only saw the worst in him–"

Abuela cuts in, anger present in all of her body language. "Bruno didn't care about this family!"

Mirabel frowns, striking back, "He loves this family - I love this family! We all love this family! You're the one that doesn't care! You're the one breaking our home!" Delores covers her mouth, stunned, sharing a look with Y/n. Mirabel almost looks surprised by the harshness of her own words.

Abuela tries to defend herself, "Don't you ever—" Mirabel cuts her off this time.

"The miracle is dying, because of you!" A large crack rips between the two as they stare horrified at each other.

Mama speaks up, reaching out in the direction of the candle as the cracks split the house, "NO, No, no!"

Papa calls out too. "The candle!" Everyone's attention shoots up as the candle falls onto its side from the force. Mirabel is the first to act, running towards it.